FF Big Big Brother 8: Finn wins! Postgame show NOW

Malfatron

8 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I found it very comical that you called me passive and boring. I was like "does Finn even know my history with this game!?"

after i get voted out (early most of the time) i stop following tbh, so no not really lol. everyone clowned on me for trusting you though. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

you were one of the few i didn't directly break it with. because i wasn't certain and kinda believed you to a small extent. but i did cut ties and stopped initiating dialogue i think and just kinda left it where it was until the F3 pact

Which is why I'm struggling trying to justify giving you a vote. I was fully prepared to have you still as a prioritized ally. But the Dwight vote and Pickle vote were enough to push you away that much when in the grand scheme they really did not hurt your game? It's a red flag to me that you weren't more willing to still work with me as much as you had been. Toward the end, I definitely considered Naz my #1 in that F3 and that's a direct result of how each of you played the end game socially with me.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i pushed away people i couldn't trust. i didn't make any false allegiances. some guys reached out and i told them straight up, i'm not working with you. everyone can't be a friend, if you're going to be loyal. i know votes are going to go nazgul's way in a few cases here. i think a majority understand i played the better game though. i think i win the game unless people just wanna mess around and give it to nazgul or if they don't understand my intentions/style of playing

I'm not dogging your play here, Finn. You're game was all early though. 

What was your biggest move? Evicting Mission?

I didn't win early. Everyone knows that. It still takes game to keep yourself safe. Flux and I brought you in and saved you. You were gone that week. I saved you because you weren't Touch, not because you were Finn. I would have made that play with anyone in your situation. I brought you to F2. In the end game you were only a vote. You didn't control nominations. You didn't control Vetos. You didn't control Votes. When the game mattered - you didn't have the agency. I did. I made the play to evict Touch. I made the play to evict ET. I made the play to evict Outpost and get you here.

• Like 1

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

To be fair, that was a huge move for him as it set him up for people to want to work to take him to the end despite having such a strong early game.

Possibly. I also think of it as one of his biggest mistakes. Mission / TLO / Finn were winning a lot of competitions. 
If they stuck together they could have ran the house. They did so well that I truly wanted to move to their numbers.
Finn alienated himself with that play. He cut off his allies, refused others, and became an outsider by his own doing.

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet, but I 100% consider refusing to be flexible and work with people to not be good gameplay. There's a difference between not committing with someone you don't trust and actively pushing away people. I probably wouldn't weigh it so heavily if it was just a couple people, but saying that you felt that you had no allies when basically everyone was trying to work with you in a genuine manner is a red flag to me when considering who played the better game. You won more comps, had a far bigger impact on the early game, and were a bigger character... but I don't think that necessarily translates into a winner with how the end game played out. 

i didn't necessarily play with the sole intention of wining. if you want a clean-cut winner that played the game the right way, naz played a pretty good game. these games have fallen into a trap of rewarding boring *** players. kudos to him for making it here. he brought nothing to this season. i feel good about the numbers here. i know the guys that are for sure not voting for me. i have an idea of the guys i think will reward who brought more/played a better game. you can say me cutting ties with people directly wasn't good game play. that's not false. i could easily maintain relationships. it's the easiest way to win these games. i can play that game. i don't wanna win if that's what i did to get to the end. 

Just now, Nazgul said:

Possibly. I also think of it as one of his biggest mistakes. Mission / TLO / Finn were winning a lot of competitions. 
If they stuck together they could have ran the house. They did so well that I truly wanted to move to their numbers.
Finn alienated himself with that play. He cut off his allies, refused others, and became an outsider by his own doing.

I'd say, and this is what I was getting at before, his only mistake with the Mission/TLO sequence was that he pushed me away because of a "rogue" vote in pre-jury that was on a sequence where he made rogue nominations to begin with lol. anecdote: It's also kind of funny because the straw that broke the camel's back for him with me was voting Pickle out over touch, and Pickle and I voted together to take out Dwight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i didn't necessarily play with the sole intention of wining. if you want a clean-cut winner that played the game the right way, naz played a pretty good game. these games have fallen into a trap of rewarding boring *** players. kudos to him for making it here. he brought nothing to this season. i feel good about the numbers here. i know the guys that are for sure not voting for me. i have an idea of the guys i think will reward who brought more/played a better game. you can say me cutting ties with people directly wasn't good game play. that's not false. i could easily maintain relationships. it's the easiest way to win these games. i can play that game. i don't wanna win if that's what i did to get to the end. 

All the extra stuff is entertaining, but legitimately good gameplay is entertaining too. Maybe it doesn't translate as well on a forum game, but it's what makes these games interesting to me. Blindsides/betrayals for the sake of getting further and playing the game as opposed to putting on a show. No hate as I still love putting on a show and the theatrics (I fully encouraged ET's antics to rile up mission and TLO, and mission called me out on that too which was great and fun also --- but that was also a strategic play by both of us) but organic gameplay is still entertaining. I don't think Naz is boring as a potential winner. He played a good jury game, made moves, and made an exhilarating move at the end by clowning (no offense, Outpost) the erratic villain of the season.

I don't think either of you would be a bad or boring winner, necessarily.

7 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Which is why I'm struggling trying to justify giving you a vote. I was fully prepared to have you still as a prioritized ally. But the Dwight vote and Pickle vote were enough to push you away that much when in the grand scheme they really did not hurt your game? It's a red flag to me that you weren't more willing to still work with me as much as you had been. Toward the end, I definitely considered Naz my #1 in that F3 and that's a direct result of how each of you played the end game socially with me.

it didn't hurt my game directly, but me believing that you were lying to me made me think i couldn't trust you. i had a feeling you were in a bigger alliance with ET. i thought there was a big faction he was the leader of tbh, but i guess that wasn't the case

i wasn't gonna bull**** with you. naz mentioned a F3 that included you, so i was like **** it i guess i'll do that to stay alive. but yeah i didn't feel i could trust you that much after the rogue vote/cover-up. 

even now i realize i'm not necessarily saying what you might wanna hear or whatever, but i played the game i played and if i don't win with it i have no regrets about it. i know i played a better game than nazgul. will it give me the strap? it's not super important, but it says a lot about how much people care about the quality of these games imo. 

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

these games have fallen into a trap of rewarding boring *** players. kudos to him for making it here. he brought nothing to this season. 

This is where I take offense. What is your definition of "bringing something to the table?"
Is it winning competitions? I won 5. Is it causing unnecessary ruckus? Because that wasn't my gameplay. 

You have to understand the heat that just being me brings. Instantly upon sign-ups I had the house questioning if they could even trust me or not. That was something that I had to play hard to get away from. I needed to earn trust. That's what a large block of this game was for me. It was losing the stigma about me and building a new one. Even you admitted that you had people saying that trusting me was a foolish move. That's a huge hill to climb. 

I had contact with you, Dwight, Mission, TLO, Touch, ET, Flux, Pickle (for a brief moment), etc. I was working the angles that I had to work to ensure my safety above all others. 

I also want to comment that Finn won 4 HoHs and 0 Vetos. 4 total competition wins.
I won 2 HoHs and 3 Vetos. 5 competition wins.

Let's not make the narrative that I didn't win. Because I won more than Finn.

Edited by Nazgul

it didn't hurt my game directly, but me believing that you were lying to me made me think i couldn't trust you. i had a feeling you were in a bigger alliance with ET. i thought there was a big faction he was the leader of tbh, but i guess that wasn't the case

i wasn't gonna bull**** with you. naz mentioned a F3 that included you, so i was like **** it i guess i'll do that to stay alive. but yeah i didn't feel i could trust you that much after the rogue vote/cover-up. 

even now i realize i'm not necessarily saying what you might wanna hear or whatever, but i played the game i played and if i don't win with it i have no regrets about it. i know i played a better game than nazgul. will it give me the strap? it's not super important, but it says a lot about how much people care about the quality of these games imo. 

I appreciate the honesty and candidness. There isn't anything I want to hear necessarily as much as just trying to gauge your mindsets in how you played the game and giving an opportunity to showcase the highs and lows of both of your games since I know not everyone on the jury will necessarily ask questions.

I do disagree that either of you as a winner would hurt the quality of the game and I do think that's a bit disrespectful toward Naz though I 100% know that's not your intent, broski.

i guess it depends how you perceive "good gameplay" because a lot of the recent winners of this have had awful gameplay imo 

I mean, can you make this claim though after saying you don't even pay attention after you're evicted?

i guess it depends how you perceive "good gameplay" because a lot of the recent winners of this have had awful gameplay imo 

I can't speak for BB5 and BB6 since I didn't play those, but I was pretty vocal during BB7 that there was a lot of bad gameplay going on and that I was very frustrated trying to make anything work with a bunch of people willing to go out in their own pre-determined boot order.