Trey Quinn has thumb injury

turtle28

23 hours ago, Slateman said:

We should start a poll about who plays in more games: Reed, Quinn, Trent, or Haskins

Ha! Sad, but great idea. One of the mods or someone who uses a computer to post and can do the polls in here - I can't figure it out on my phone - should do it!

My money is on Haskins! 

1. I don't think Trent plays for a long time, if at all this season. I think if NE did offer a 1st round pick we should have traded him and I definitely think he'll be traded before the trade deadline to a team that feels it's a contender but could use an upgrade at LT and there are a handful of teams in the league that are in that position.

2. Personally, I think Reed should retire but I don't think he will. He may be ready for week 1, that's 3 weeks from now but I don't trust that he plays 16 games. Maybe he gets 10-12 again so, he may actually end up playing in more games than Haskins.

3. Quinn, a honestly don't know what to think about this kid at all. When he plays he flashes, but so far in his career, he's not been available except for last preseason a half in his first NFL game and what? A game and a half last year? He did look good vs the Cowboys last year so, that was promising.

My hope is that his thumb is healed by week 1 vs Phila bc that would have been a month since he injured it, but who knows? I haven't heard a definitive update on his thumb injury at all and when he may be available.

Has anyone?

4. I've said it multiple threads and started one saying that I think Haskins should start week 1. I think Jay has made up him mind that Haskins won't be his starter week 1, which is fine, I don't agree with it but it is what it is. He wants to give Keenum and this offense/team a chance to be a winner with Keenum before turning to Haskins and admitting that the team is going to at best be .500 and that's fine. 

So, given that, I think at most Haskins starts 13 games. He would start vs the Giants after we most likely start off 0-3 and our offense probably looks horrible vs the Eagles, Cowboys and Bears. Most likely Haskins doesn't start until after the Patriots game vs the Dolphins which would be week 6, so if that's the case he will have started 11 games in the season.

There's a possibility that Jay stays stubborn about it and doesn't start Haskins until we are definitely out of playoff contention - most likely November - but I would hope if we start then season off 1-4 or 0-5 that Jay starts Haskins in week 6 vs the Vikings.

Edited by turtle28