Finding players

brooks1957

This was kind of touched on in another thread, but to continue it there would have been hijacking the thread. So I figured I would start a fresh one.

What was touched on was why don't the Browns search north of the border in Canada for a new kicker - to the ultra accurate Lewis Ward of the Ottawa RedBlacks. Here is what I want to expand on.

I think it is a fantastic idea to look to Canada. The players in the CFL are dedicated professionals, they just aren't paid as well as their NFL brethren. Whether they make $2 a day or $200,000 a day - they still need to be mature enough to get up on time and show up for work on time. They need to study and be prepared. And they need to practice and execute in game to the best of their abilities. Just like any other job in the professional world.

Those are the same skills that they use in the CFL that they will need in the NFL. Just another example of the best lesson any young adult learns is not taught in any textbook, it is taught by the school of hard knocks of life.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1