Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

@rackcs breaking rules taking two people with one pick.  Don’t even care.  Coens struck gold like three times close to 30 years ago and have done nothing very good since.

Burn After Reading is still my favorite movie of their by far. Its so fun.

Their last handful of movies have been not very great though

Just now, Malfatron said:

Well you should be happy because this is heavily, heavily inspired by Burn After Reading

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Also their last three weren't my favorites but they're certainly not bad. Before that stretch though I think they only had 2, maybe 3 misses. And for directors who put out as many films as they have during that time period, it's extremely impressive.

Just now, rackcs said:

Also their last three weren't my favorites but they're certainly not bad. Before that stretch though I think they only had 2, maybe 3 misses. And for directors who put out as many films as they have during that time period, it's extremely impressive.

One of them was intolerable.  No, that was the title of one of their intolerable ones.  They’ve had a few intolerable movies that were intolerable cruel to endure.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Also, I’m glad there’s actual discussion on this one.  The last one was boring as ****.  

Yeah, that's the best part. Because we all basically get star directors and all-star casts which is fun but not always super interesting. So the discussion keeps it fun and makes it more worthwhile.

Just now, rackcs said:

yeah, and they have had a few masterpieces too. i think its a great pick and you can have a specific tone set 

that being said, Im looking forward to LadyKillers 2!  Finally!

Just now, Outpost31 said:

One of them was intolerable.  No, that was the title of one of their intolerable ones.  They’ve had a few intolerable movies that were intolerable cruel to endure.  

Like I said, they've had some misses. But they've put out 12 movies in the past 20 years. Not a lot of directors match that kind of a pace let alone get to make movies consistently for that long. They do pretty well for themselves. Either way, they're one of the only directors who can pull of the tone and style of their movies which is why I grabbed them.

• Like 1