POSITIONS OF ABSOLUTE NEED: 2020 TEs

dll2000

On 1/6/2020 at 2:52 PM, Nads786 said:

I liked the Roquan pick because it was sensible compared to some of Pace's other first rounders. I only issue with Roquan is the position he plays. ILB at the 8th pick is just too high for their impact in today's game. Offensive tackle is such premium  position.

Though with the Bears being a 3-4 team it is a pick that can be used in the first round because linebacker is more important then in a 4-3 scheme. Except for the first few games he played around his personal problems he has shown to be a player who can be  worth that selection. RT is also not as important as LT which is the position that McGlinchey plays.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:20 PM, dll2000 said:

The Roquan draft I didn't deep scout players.  If you were going to take a LB if I recall I was more in favor of the big LB that Buffalo took because of his upside over Roquan, but I didn't hate the Roquan pick.  

in 2016 I was pushing for top OTs on board rather than Floyd.  The number consensus 1 OT on everybody's board was there and he was falling because of marajuana which nobody cares about anymore and we passed on him.

Instead we took a project pass rusher.  I was really disappointed.  Not that we took a pass rusher, but that we took Floyd.

That OT was Tunsil who is now with the Texans who has also shown to be a good player except for all his false start penalties. The Floyd pick  wasn't very good because he was never used as a pass rusher at Georgia which means he would have to turn into it at the next level.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TB 1 said:

That OT was Tunsil who is now with the Texans who has also shown to be a good player except for all his false start penalties. The Floyd pick  wasn't very good because he was never used as a pass rusher at Georgia which means he would have to turn into it at the next level.

Exactly my point on draft day that year.  

Whatever. Not like I have never been wrong so I can't beat my chest too hard.  Was right there though. 

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Exactly my point on draft day that year.  

Whatever. Not like I have never been wrong so I can't beat my chest too hard.  Was right there though. 

I was at the draft in Chicago with my buddies... when we traded up I was running around excited that we just drafted Tunsil.

Then my buddy pulled out his phone, his face dropped, he looked at me and goes "ohhh you are NOT going to be happy". Did not like the Floyd pick then. Still don't like it now.

• Like 1