Which college football conference is each NFL division most like historically?

Bolts223

NFC East - SEC. Both are full of large media markets and historically great teams/programs.

AFC East - ACC. One extremely dominant team (Clemson/Patriots) and a lot of very irrelevant/average/bad teams.

NFC North - Big 10. Midwestern teams with the oldest rivalry for both. (Ohio State/Michigan and Packers/Bears) Also known for a lot of really cold outdoor games towards the end of the season. 

AFC North - Also most similar to the Big 10.

NFC South - Big 12. Games have a lot of offense and not much defense.

Didn't really think NFC West/AFC West/AFC South resembled any of the p5 conferences enough to make a comparison.

Just now, Bolts223 said:

NFC South - Big 12. Games have a lot of offense and not much defense.

Well, a Hall of Fame QB + Hall of Fame Coach, and 2 MVP QBs with mediocre/suspect coaching tends to produce a lot of offensive teams. Saints have a very underrated defense this year though, and the Bucs look like they're putting up a respectable defense at the tail end of the year. Atlanta's attempts at putting together a good defense have failed pretty much every time they've been tried, so I've kind of given up on that ever happening.

1 minute ago, Hukos said:

Well, a Hall of Fame QB + Hall of Fame Coach, and 2 MVP QBs with mediocre/suspect coaching tends to produce a lot of offensive teams. Saints have a very underrated defense this year though, and the Bucs look like they're putting up a respectable defense at the tail end of the year. Atlanta's attempts at putting together a good defense have failed pretty much every time they've been tried, so I've kind of given up on that ever happening.

I'm not talking about just this year. I'm talking about historically.

The Saints 5 years ago were the epitome of great offense and absolutely terrible defense.