I believe we need/should trade with Cinci, before the NFL Combine.

aceinthehouse

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I posted a hypothetical trade offer in the Bengals forums to get a feel for their reaction as fans.

Let's see if this would be something they would like, or possibly a counter offer.

Thought you guys might want to check it out.

That trade is ridiculous the Bengals would never give us #1 and their 2nd for Trent.  I don’t think they’d give us #1 for Trent and #2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That trade is ridiculous the Bengals would never give us #1 and their 2nd for Trent.  I don’t think they’d give us #1 for Trent and #2.

We'll, let's see how their reaction to this trade offer is, before you fire me. Lol

They drop 1 spot in the draft & get LT Trent Williams.

They can move Jonah Williams over to RT because of his versatility. Who they drafted last year, but got hurt.

They get 2 top bookend Tackles to protect Joe Burrow.

Doesn't sound to bad to me.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

We'll, let's see how their reaction to this trade offer is, before you fire me. Lol

They can move Jonah Williams over to RT because of his versatility. Who they drafted last year, but got hurt.

Why are they giving us their 2nd round pick though?  

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why are they giving us their 2nd round pick though?  

Because Trent is worth at minimum a 1st Rd pick, imo.

So instead of getting a 1st, we will get a 2nd.

But the value of moving from #2 overall, to #1 overall is at most worth a 2nd Rd pick. Maybe a 3rd.

So it's like getting two 2nd Rd picks for Trent Williams. (Or a 2nd & a 3rd)

But, we only get a 2nd because the value of moving up to #1 is also included in that value.

We get rid of his contract. Bengals get a Pro Bowl tackle to protect Burrow. (Who they will probably select #2 overall) they can move Jonah Williams to right tackle.

We get 2nd Rd pick, that we didn't have.

And Chase Young #1 overall.

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

What could happen if we stay @#2?

1)Bengals could take Chase Young.

How do Mike Brown and Zac Taylor pass up a Heisman winning (possible National Championship winning?) QB for Andy Dalton (going to cost $17.5M in salary next season, and a free agent after that) and Ryan Finley (a guy they switched to and then switched back from after three games)?

Injury maybe? But if this is the case, do they pass on Tua and Herbert as well?

2)A team could offer them, much more than what we would pay for the #1 pick & then select Chase Young.

This is the risk. Let's say it is Detroit. Cincinnati is now picking 3rd.

Do you think that Miami, LA Chargers, and potentially Carolina wouldn't want to jump ahead of the Bengals to secure their QB1?

3)Burrow could get hurt & Bengals are forced to draft BAP on the board...thus Chase Young.

Yes, again, he could. Again, Tua and Hebert are also there.

Remember, Chase played for Ohio St. Cincinnati is a City, in Ohio. The closer we get to the draft, the public cry for Chase Young will get louder from their fanbase & media. Specially, if they still hold that #1 pick.

Dalton is only under contract through 2020. After that he's a free agent. Beyond Dalton, the only other quarterbacks on the roster are Ryan Finley and Jacob Dolegala (points to you if you can name any team he's played for without looking it up).

Unless the plan is to tank for Trevor Lawrence (and we saw how hard that is for teams like Miami to pull off), do they want to risk being out of position in 2021 and having to rely solely on two guys that no one thinks anything of?

Give Cinci Trent & our #2 overall for Cinci #1 overall & their 2nd Rd pick.

Two things:

1. This trade only works if Trent's contract didn't toll. I don't know if it has or if it hasn't.
  2. It's more likely that it would be 1.02 + Trent for 1.01. It's highly unlikely they get a second back to get the generational talent.

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The responses you have gotten so far are "no way on giving up the 2nd" as I predicted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Because Trent is worth at minimum a 1st Rd pick, imo.

Wait ... earlier you said:

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trent Williams is worth way more than our fanbase seems to think it is now.

Which is it? Is he overvalued by this franchise or worth a first round pick at a minimum?