The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

He needs a few more fights IMO. Emmett was still landing some dangerous shots that Volk would exploit for 5 rounds. 

Ya the best “technical” striker he’s faced would be Herbert.  And if I remember that fight correctly Herbert rocked him a few times and was winning til the KO.  

1 minute ago, Squanchy said:

Ya the best “technical” striker he’s faced would be Herbert.  And if I remember that fight correctly Herbert rocked him a few times and was winning til the KO.  

I know Max is the retirement fight for KZ but I'd like to see if Ilia can go 5 rounds with him before putting him vs Volk. That or Kattar or Ortega (though Kattar is likely to fall behind him in the rankings now).

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I know Max is the retirement fight for KZ but I'd like to see if Ilia can go 5 rounds with him before putting him vs Volk. That or Kattar or Ortega (though Kattar is likely to fall behind him in the rankings now).

As of right now I think the top 3 (Volk, Max and Yair) can beat him.  Maybe Arnold Allen.   Give them both almost a tile eliminator.  At least for Iliya.  Maybe not for Allen.  

26 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

As of right now I think the top 3 (Volk, Max and Yair) can beat him.  Maybe Arnold Allen.   Give them both almost a tile eliminator.  At least for Iliya.  Maybe not for Allen.  

I think Ilia can beat Yair. Ilia's ability to wrestle would be the difference in that matchup IMO. Max is the toughest "gatekeeper" in MMA so that's not going to far out on a limb considering he'd be a long reigning champion if not for Volk. No need to really rush Ilia unless Max and Volk decide they both are done with 145 in short order.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Ilia can beat Yair. Ilia's ability to wrestle would be the difference in that matchup IMO. Max is the toughest "gatekeeper" in MMA so that's not going to far out on a limb considering he'd be a long reigning champion if not for Volk. No need to really rush Ilia unless Max and Volk decide they both are done with 145 in short order.

Didn’t Topuria have trouble with kicks with Herbert?   Who kicks better than Yair at 145.  

1 minute ago, Squanchy said:

Didn’t Topuria have trouble with kicks with Herbert?   Who kicks better than Yair at 145.  

Sure but that's where adjustments to your gameplan and development come into play. I'm not saying he will beat Yair, just saying that he can. It's MMA, my dude. I've been around since like UFC 84 (and sparingly before that - big time BJ Penn fan back in the day). The game has changed so much over the years that MMA math no longer works and it's why I haven't bet the sport in years. Back when GSP and Spider were running the show, it was so easy to bet. Nowadays, it's anybody's guess because the talent is at an all-time high. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Sure but that's where adjustments to your gameplan and development come into play. I'm not saying he will beat Yair, just saying that he can. It's MMA, my dude. I've been around since like UFC 84 (and sparingly before that - big time BJ Penn fan back in the day). The game has changed so much over the years that MMA math no longer works and it's why I haven't bet the sport in years. Back when GSP and Spider were running the show, it was so easy to bet. Nowadays, it's anybody's guess because the talent is at an all-time high. 

I guess you missed the part where I said “I think” the top 3 can beat him.  I know anything can happen, I know adjustments can be made.  Maybe I’m just higher on Yair than yourself.  

Im not disagreeing with you.  We’re currently talking about the top 5 featherweights in the world.   No need to get in a **** measuring contest about who’s been a fan longer.   I wrestled growing up but aside from this I won’t mention it because it’s irrelevant.   

2 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

I guess you missed the part where I said “I think” the top 3 can beat him.  I know anything can happen, I know adjustments can be made.  Maybe I’m just higher on Yair than yourself.  

Im not disagreeing with you.  We’re currently talking about the top 5 featherweights in the world.   No need to get in a **** measuring contest about who’s been a fan longer.   I wrestled growing up but aside from this I won’t mention it because it’s irrelevant.   

lol nobody's getting into a **** measuring contest dude. It was a tangent about how hard it is to predict this **** nowadays and nothing more. Don't be so quick triggered, not everything is an argument. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol nobody's getting into a **** measuring contest dude. It was a tangent about how hard it is to predict this **** nowadays and nothing more. Don't be so quick triggered, not everything is an argument. 

I wasn’t taking it as an argument lol. That’s why I said no need.  But reread what you typed and you can see how someone can take that as some douchebaggery.  “My dude”. 

Like I said I’m not disagreeing with you in the least.  Clearly you and I don’t know each other’s personalities.   Because I was smirking at what you said and my reply.  I thought it was funny.  But we both see things are misconstrued. 

Let’s reset and say we don’t know what the **** will happen with any fight.  Except Topuria vs Paddy.  I think we can predict that one. 

4 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

I wasn’t taking it as an argument lol. That’s why I said no need.  But reread what you typed and you can see how someone can take that as some douchebaggery.  “My dude”. 

Like I said I’m not disagreeing with you in the least.  Clearly you and I don’t know each other’s personalities.   Because I was smirking at what you said and my reply.  I thought it was funny.  But we both see things are misconstrued. 

Let’s reset and say we don’t know what the **** will happen with any fight.  Except Topuria vs Paddy.  I think we can predict that one. 

You're right, we don't know each other. I say "my dude" or "my guy" and stuff like that as a term of endearment, not as a slight. Dead ******* serious lol. Do it with everyone. If saying "my dude" is all it takes to be misconstrued as DBery this days, then I'm beyond ******* lost with people. 

EDIT - Just picture me as Spicoli lol

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You're right, we don't know each other. I say "my dude" or "my guy" and stuff like that as a term of endearment, not as a slight. Dead ******* serious lol. Do it with everyone. If saying "my dude" is all it takes to be misconstrued as DBery this days, then I'm beyond ******* lost with people. 

EDIT - Just picture me as Spicoli lol

Well if you say “my dude” as a term of endearment then you and I can’t be friends.  It’s “broski” or “brosef” or you’re dead to me.  

Edit - fast times is great. 

Edited by Squanchy
  • Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303