How long until we stop seeing Allen's "legacy?"

Slateman

On 2/4/2020 at 7:28 PM, turtle28 said:

So, here’s my take on the Rivera era. If he is Joe Gibbs 2.0 (2 winning seasons in 4 w/ a playoff win) w/o the awful trading mid round picks for vet players, he’ll be here at least on a second contract if he wants to be. 

The bar is just so damn low, we all know that but we have to realize it too. If a coach just comes in here, changes the football culture and accountability and gets a few winning seasons, Snyder is going to give them a contract extension in hopes that their second contract gets him a Super Bowl.

While I think you are right, if Rivera does indeed fix the culture and gets that back on track, and he has the results you are saying, I think that's the perfect time to make a change and stake the claim on the next big offensive guru that happens to be out there.  I just wonder if the front office from top to bottom will have changed enough by then to convince that kind of coach to come here.  

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While I think you are right, if Rivera does indeed fix the culture and gets that back on track, and he has the results you are saying, I think that's the perfect time to make a change and stake the claim on the next big offensive guru that happens to be out there.  I just wonder if the front office from top to bottom will have changed enough by then to convince that kind of coach to come here.  

I'm sorry, but I find that completely ridiculous. Coaches don't get fired after they've fixed a culture that’s been awful with a football franchise for 20 years - except for 5 when we had Gibbs & Marty combined - and if that coach is winning and gets the first playoff win for the franchise since 2015 then, that's another reason to keep him.

Also, how do we know that Rivera didn't just hire the next great offensive mind in Scott Turner?

In some ways Carolina’s offense was more diverse then ours with what they did with McCaffery and Cam Newton.

Edited by turtle28