RESTRUCTURES/EXTENSIONS

Williams- 2 year extension more guaranteed 

Kerrigan- 2 year extension spreading cap hit

RESIGN

Flowers- 3 years

Scherrf- Franchise

Bostic- 1 year

FA

TE Austin Hooper- go big and fill need 5 years (basically replaced with reeds money)

LB Corey Littlejohn 4 years

CB James Bradberry- 4 years

FS Tre Boston- 2 years

Draft

1- DE Chase Young Ohio St.

3- ILB Malik Harrison Ohio St.

4- WR KJ Hill Ohio St.

4- TE/WR Chase Claypool Notre Dame

5- QB Anthony Gordon Washington St.

7- CB Trajan Bandy Miami

7- RB Xavier Jones SMU

DEPTH

QB Haskins/Gordon/ (Smith)*

RB Guice/Peterson/Love/Jones

WR McLaurin/Harmon/Sims/Hill/Sims/Quinn

TE Hooper/Claypool/Sprinkle

OT Williams/Christian

OG Flowers/ Pierschbacher

OC Roullier/ Pierschbacher

OG Scherff/ Martin

OT Moses/Christian

DE Sweat/Kerrigan/Allen

DT Payne/Settle

DT Allen/Ioannidis

DE Young/Kerrigan/Allen

LB Littlejohn/Holcomb/(Foster)*

ILB Harrison/Bostic

LB Anderson/SDH/(Foster)*

CB Dunbar/Bradberry/Moreau/Morland/Bandy

FS Boston/Nicholson/Apke

SS Collins/Everette

POSITION BREAKDOWN

QB- Haskins is the franchise guy, we still don’t know about what Alex Smiths future will hold, Anthony Gordon has a lot of upside as a 5th round pick and he should prepare as the number 2 and be ready if Haskins goes down

RB- Guice starts with AP for insurance if he gets hurt, I’m excited for Love, we saw what he did at Stanford (like Mccafrey) I’m excited for a 3rd down dole, Jones to practice squad

WR- I didn’t sign a FA, I don’t want an old guy or to overpay for a youngster than hasn’t done much (outside of cooper) I believe hill could be a number 2 and him and Harmon will have a good completion, the sims, and Quinn fills it out, I drafted Claypool to be a poor mans Jordan Reed/ Jimmy Graham so he can play WR but I want to put him at TE as a receiving option

TE- Olson signing changed everything, we go Hooper, can run, catch, and block, he’s only 25 and with the money we save with Reed we can grab him, drafted Claypool to be a receiving TR threat. He’s 6’4” 230 and I believe can put another 10 pounds on easy. If he can learn to block he could be a very good TE. Sprinkle is the 3rd

OT- no changes, extended Trent, I feel this is a make or break year for Moses 

OG- resigned flowers and tagged Scherff, nervous about giving Scherff a long term deal. Want to see him healthy and don’t want to commit too much guaranteed for a guard at market value when Martin has proved he can play when given the chance

OC- nothing changed Roullier and Ross P

DE-CHASE YOUNG!!!! I want to trade Kerrigan but I see a restructure and extension coming. Chris Long type roll for him. Sweat starts. John Allen Fills in on run downs if needed

DT nothing changes, stacked position

LB Corey Littlejohn starts next to Malik Harrison, Ryan Anderson gets his chance to prove he can be a starter, if not Holcomb, SDH, and hopefully a healthy Foster battle it out

CB Bradberry comes in opposite of Dunbar for a solid Duo at corner, Moreland starts in slot, Moreau primary outside backup and Bandy takes the 5th spot

FS Boston starts, Nicholson has the skill and talent but it’s the head game that hurts him and off the field troubles he puts himself in, Apke plays mostly ST

SS nothing changes, Del Rio gets Collins back into probowl form

13 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

CUT/RELEASED 

Norman-Done

Prich-Done

Reed

RESTRUCTURES/EXTENSIONS

Williams- 2 year extension more guaranteed 

Kerrigan- 2 year extension spreading cap hit

RESIGN

Flowers- 3 years

Scherrf- Franchise

Bostic- 1 year

FA

TE Austin Hooper- go big and fill need 5 years (basically replaced with reeds money)

LB Corey Littlejohn 4 years

CB James Bradberry- 4 years

FS Tre Boston- 2 years

Draft

1- DE Chase Young Ohio St.

3- ILB Malik Harrison Ohio St.

4- WR KJ Hill Ohio St.

4- TE/WR Chase Claypool Notre Dame

5- QB Anthony Gordon Washington St.

7- CB Trajan Bandy Miami

7- RB Xavier Jones SMU

DEPTH

QB Haskins/Gordon/ (Smith)*

RB Guice/Peterson/Love/Jones

WR McLaurin/Harmon/Sims/Hill/Sims/Quinn

TE Hooper/Claypool/Sprinkle

OT Williams/Christian

OG Flowers/ Pierschbacher

OC Roullier/ Pierschbacher

OG Scherff/ Martin

OT Moses/Christian

DE Sweat/Kerrigan/Allen

DT Payne/Settle

DT Allen/Ioannidis

DE Young/Kerrigan/Allen

LB Littlejohn/Holcomb/(Foster)*

ILB Harrison/Bostic

LB Anderson/SDH/(Foster)*

CB Dunbar/Bradberry/Moreau/Morland/Bandy

FS Boston/Nicholson/Apke

SS Collins/Everette

POSITION BREAKDOWN

QB- Haskins is the franchise guy, we still don’t know about what Alex Smiths future will hold, Anthony Gordon has a lot of upside as a 5th round pick and he should prepare as the number 2 and be ready if Haskins goes down

RB- Guice starts with AP for insurance if he gets hurt, I’m excited for Love, we saw what he did at Stanford (like Mccafrey) I’m excited for a 3rd down dole, Jones to practice squad

WR- I didn’t sign a FA, I don’t want an old guy or to overpay for a youngster than hasn’t done much (outside of cooper) I believe hill could be a number 2 and him and Harmon will have a good completion, the sims, and Quinn fills it out, I drafted Claypool to be a poor mans Jordan Reed/ Jimmy Graham so he can play WR but I want to put him at TE as a receiving option

TE- Olson signing changed everything, we go Hooper, can run, catch, and block, he’s only 25 and with the money we save with Reed we can grab him, drafted Claypool to be a receiving TR threat. He’s 6’4” 230 and I believe can put another 10 pounds on easy. If he can learn to block he could be a very good TE. Sprinkle is the 3rd

OT- no changes, extended Trent, I feel this is a make or break year for Moses 

OG- resigned flowers and tagged Scherff, nervous about giving Scherff a long term deal. Want to see him healthy and don’t want to commit too much guaranteed for a guard at market value when Martin has proved he can play when given the chance

OC- nothing changed Roullier and Ross P

DE-CHASE YOUNG!!!! I want to trade Kerrigan but I see a restructure and extension coming. Chris Long type roll for him. Sweat starts. John Allen Fills in on run downs if needed

DT nothing changes, stacked position

LB Corey Littlejohn starts next to Malik Harrison, Ryan Anderson gets his chance to prove he can be a starter, if not Holcomb, SDH, and hopefully a healthy Foster battle it out

CB Bradberry comes in opposite of Dunbar for a solid Duo at corner, Moreland starts in slot, Moreau primary outside backup and Bandy takes the 5th spot

FS Boston starts, Nicholson has the skill and talent but it’s the head game that hurts him and off the field troubles he puts himself in, Apke plays mostly ST

SS nothing changes, Del Rio gets Collins back into probowl form

I like a lot of it but some problems-

you need a veteran qb or you are one snap away from disaster

the OL is still very weak- RT, C,LG and if we believe history- you need better backups for Williams and scherff who will get hurt

On 2/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, Doc Draper said:

I like a lot of it but some problems-

you need a veteran qb or you are one snap away from disaster

the OL is still very weak- RT, C,LG and if we believe history- you need better backups for Williams and scherff who will get hurt

We have drafted a reserve OT, G and C in the last two drafts. They should bring in competition and I agree they could draft a few to compete with them but it's very likely that your top reserve guard - and maybe even starting at one spot - is Wes Martin, your back up/swing tackle will again likely be Gerron Christian and your back up center is Ross P. I understand everyone wanting Moses cut and a pro bowl RT signed to replace him along with great back ups at OT, C & OG, but it’s a very unrealistic thought IMO. 

Kyle drafted Christian, Marin and Ross P to develop them as reserves and hopefully to be starters some day. I think it's very likely they are our 3 main back ups this year. If they don't work out and if Moses gets hurt again and has a down year again this year, then I expect Rivera to tell Kyle Smith that we badly need to address the OL depth in the 2021 draft but I think our new OL coach and Rivera will give these young guys this first season to prove themselves to them.

I agree if Haskins goes down and we only have a late round back up behind him that that could lead to a disastrous record this year but, is that really a disaster in terms of developing the team long term?

If our back up QB isn't good, then that will mean we’ll probably have a top 5 pick again in 2021 and that will be good for continuing to build our team with young talent for the future.

I love what you’ve done both in the draft and in free agency @LoganF89, the only thing I would say is that at LB, Holcolmb would be in competition for the starting MLB or SLB job over Bostic, Harrison and Foster/Anderson. SDH & JHC are going to be your back ups at WLB to Littlejohn with JHC possibly getting cut if Foster is back and healthy.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, turtle28 said:

We have drafted a reserve OT, G and C in the last two drafts. They should bring in competition and I agree they could draft a few to compete with them but it's very likely that your top reserve guard - and maybe even starting at one spot - is Wes Martin, your back up/swing tackle will again likely be Gerron Christian and your back up center is Ross P. I understand everyone wanting Moses cut and a pro bowl RT signed to replace him along with great back ups at OT, C & OG, but it’s a very unrealistic thought IMO. 

Kyle drafted Christian, Marin and Ross P to develop them as reserves and hopefully to be starters some day. I think it's very likely they are our 3 main back ups this year. If they don't work out and if Moses gets hurt again and has a down year again this year, then I expect Rivera to tell Kyle Smith that we badly need to address the OL depth in the 2021 draft but I think our new OL coach and Rivera will give these young guys this first season to prove themselves to them.

I agree if Haskins goes down and we only have a late round back up behind him that that could lead to a disastrous record this year but, is that really a disaster in terms of developing the team long term?

If our back up QB isn't good, then that will mean we’ll probably have a top 5 pick again in 2021 and that will be good for continuing to build our team with young talent for the future.

I love what you’ve done both in the draft and in free agency @LoganF89, the only thing I would say is that at LB, Holcolmb would be in competition for the starting MLB or SLB job over Bostic, Harrison and Foster/Anderson. SDH & JHC are going to be your back ups at WLB to Littlejohn with JHC possibly getting cut if Foster is back and healthy.

Holcomb would be a solid guy for the WLB. Would love to bring back Bostic for MLB or SLB. 

On 2/26/2020 at 11:50 AM, mike23md said:

Holcomb would be a solid guy for the WLB. Would love to bring back Bostic for MLB or SLB. 

Yeah, but Littlejohn is a better option for WLB and IMO so is SDH bc SDH is better in coverage. Holcomb sucked in coverage, we need a WLB who can cover, every one of our ILBs were better in coverage than Holcomb last year. I don’t care that he’s fast and athletic, he can’t cover. I’d rather put Holcomb in the middle bc he’s better vs the run then the pass and have someone else at WLB like SDH or preferably signing Littlejohn to start there.