Sliding Tile Game...where's the blank space going to be?

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Perhaps Spielman is playing chess and we're playing checkers.

That is probably likely...especially since I have absolutely no idea how to even start playing chess.  I can't remember which ways the bishops or rooks even can move.  xD

Rick, unlike us, has to look ahead, even if he might not be here after the season (even though I doubt that'll happen).  He has to look beyond this year, as both Cousins and Cook's contracts will be up, and Reiff, Kline, and O'Neill will all be in the last year of their current deals (with O'Neill probably already guaranteed to get extended going into next season), as well as the defense line looking at getting depleted further, as well as potentially the LB core suffering the same fate as Harrison this year, as having no players beyond the starters.  He certainly has his work cut out for him as he's got a lot of decisions to make which all could affect the long-term trajectory of the team.  He needs to be thorough in his analysis before making those decisions.  This time right now is about all he'll have before the pieces will have to be put in place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That is probably likely...especially since I have absolutely no idea how to even start playing chess.  I can't remember which ways the bishops or rooks even can move.  xD

Rick, unlike us, has to look ahead, even if he might not be here after the season (even though I doubt that'll happen).  He has to look beyond this year, as both Cousins and Cook's contracts will be up, and Reiff, Kline, and O'Neill will all be in the last year of their current deals (with O'Neill probably already guaranteed to get extended going into next season), as well as the defense line looking at getting depleted further, as well as potentially the LB core suffering the same fate as Harrison this year, as having no players beyond the starters.  He certainly has his work cut out for him as he's got a lot of decisions to make which all could affect the long-term trajectory of the team.  He needs to be thorough in his analysis before making those decisions.  This time right now is about all he'll have before the pieces will have to be put in place.

Well, Spielman has delivered four bad first round picks since 2017 (Treadwell, Bradford, Hughes and Bradbury). There is still hope for Bradbury and less hope for Hughes but that hit rate isn’t good and why the team isn’t in a good position to deal with the roster purge due to cap issues that this team will have to overcome. I don’t think Spielman is necessarily looking at long term implications anymore, I very much see a short term win now approach.

• Like 2