The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I hear what you're saying, but it is the same reason they took both Fuller and Moreau in 2016 and 2017. By having the depth at corner, they could have afforded to let Breeland walk this season. (that was the plan at least until Moron blew it up ...)

They also drafted Doctson cause they knew Garcon and Jackson were becoming FAs.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

- This is a very deep free agent class for Guards.

The front office's track record with free agent guards has not been what we call good. Or even sub-par.

Maybe I'm gunshy on that front but I worry that the Redskins have a ton of money tied up on the offensive line, even before Scherff gets his new deal.

- Our current Oline (when healthy) has been pretty good.  

Except for the gaping hole in left guard.

- We really need to spend two top 15 overall picks on Guards?

1. Repeatedly using first round picks on offensive linemen has worked out pretty well for the Cowboys.
  2. Drafting another guard here would mitigate having to worry about Scherff walking.

They also drafted Doctson cause they knew Garcon and Jackson were becoming FAs.  

Again, Moron botched that since asking Doctson to replace both was a bridge too far.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Maybe I'm gunshy on that front but I worry that the Redskins have a ton of money tied up on the offensive line, even before Scherff gets his new deal.

So what do you expect to happen when that #13 overall pick needs a new contract?  

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Except for the gaping hole in left guard.

Then draft one later.  

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Repeatedly using first round picks on offensive linemen has worked out pretty well for the Cowboys.

Really?  How many Super Bowls did it win them?

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Drafting another guard here would mitigate having to worry about Scherff walking.

If he walks he walks.  He's a freaking Guard.  That said, I think he stays.  

So what do you expect to happen when that #13 overall pick needs a new contract?  

This is why I advocate drafting at least one lineman (on either side of the ball) every year, and investing a 3rd or better at least once every three years on both sides.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well I think that was McCloughan, T Pryor was the 2nd.  He didn't work out.  

Letting Garcon and Jackson go was after they fired McCloughan.

Archived