Boston Red Sox Thread

Csonka Trucks

On 4/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, Deadpulse said:

You watching this one? Pretty much head to nail. 

I'm adding this thread to my default tabs that open when I open Chrome so I don't miss replies like this. Plus I need somewhere to go instead of trolling in the GDT. But yes, I was watching Saturday. Even in last night's loss, almost every game has been wildly entertaining this season. It's been fantastic.

Red Sox are up 6-0 and in a rain delay, but we're in the middle of the 5th, so it's an official game. Rick Porcello hasn't given up a hit.

""Boston enters the 20th game of the season with a winning percentage above .800. Since 2005, only three other games have been played later in the season with one team having won at least 80% of its games: Cubs in 2016 (twice), and White Sox in 2005."" - https://twitter.com/ActionNetworkHQ/status/987673461119246336

aZ8MQih.png

Good morning, everyone. It's a beautiful day, isn't it?

Sale didn't want to come out of the game mid inning. Cora goes out to talk to him and you can see Sale saying "I got this. I f'n got this." Cora lets him finish the inning. Sale still only goes 6. Cora's early season strategy of saving Sale continues. Let's see if the bullpen can hold the lead.

We avoided a sweep to the Rays today. Those last four words were embarrassing to type. Kimbrel got four outs on a season high 26 pitches, and Pretty Ricky went 7.2 IP of three run ball. The Yankees have been hot and made up a lot of ground last week. We have KC at home starting tomorrow, then we head to Texas. Six winnable games before we go to the Bronx for round 2.

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I wouldn't mind trying to swing a trade for Tyson Ross in San Diego. He'd be a nice addition to the starting rotation.

I'd be on board with this. I think we could acquire him with the prospects available to us right now, too, as opposed to someone like JBJ or Swihart.