Jeter hands out four gift baskets

NewAge

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Come to the Yankees!!!!

That would cost Torres+ even if you're picking up the full contract. 

Torres, Adams/Sheffield/Florial, Abreu/Acevedo, and Widener/Estrada sounds about right. 

12 minutes ago, NewAge said:

That would cost Torres+ even if you're picking up the full contract. 

Torres, Adams/Sheffield/Florial, Abreu/Acevedo, and Widener/Estrada sounds about right. 

I’d agree, but if the Marlins really want to get out of that contract then they don’t have THAT much leverage.

id bronanlt still do that deal though tbh. The media attention with Judge and Stanton on the same team would be ridiculous. When’s the last time teammates hit 50? Could have three 40 home run hitters. That’s absurd. Bird would presumably hit 30 as well if he’s healthy.

20 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’d agree, but if the Marlins really want to get out of that contract then they don’t have THAT much leverage.

id bronanlt still do that deal though tbh. The media attention with Judge and Stanton on the same team would be ridiculous. When’s the last time teammates hit 50? Could have three 40 home run hitters. That’s absurd. Bird would presumably hit 30 as well if he’s healthy.

The Marlins still have leverage but it's not like the Yankees or Phillies could just turn around and trade for the other Giancarlo Stanton out there. Elite franchise players will always have absurd value. 

15 hours ago, NewAge said:

The Marlins still have leverage but it's not like the Yankees or Phillies could just turn around and trade for the other Giancarlo Stanton out there. Elite franchise players will always have absurd value. 

They could wait one season and get a star RF in free agency. If this was 2015, I'd agree with you more, but the upcoming FA class looms large here.

Archived