Carpenter: Growing sense of Smith promotion to GM

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I shouldn't really say I hate the pick. I'm just not as excited about it as others are. I thought it was cool that he immediately was changing his twitter profile and reaching out to skins fans. I guess I'm just more annoyed that they've poured so many resources into RB. I'd like to see them use Gibson exclusively as a WR otherwise I just don't see the value of the pick. If Guice and Love are healthy and I realize thats a big IF, they're about 10x more talented than Gibson. He will almost never see the field.

I entirely agree with your point that Gibson should be used as a WR. I’d like to see Gibson used the way we used Steven Sims and even some more out of backfield then Sims bc of Gibson’s ability as a RB too. I definitely agree with your point that we have RBs and Gibson should be developed into a WR. I’ve hoped for that too since we drafted him.

As you said, we have Peterson, Guice, Love, McKssinic as RB options & McKissinic is a CT clone. We also have Peyton Barber should we need him too bc Guice or Love don’t stay healthy.

So yeah, I want Gibson developed into a WR. I definitely see a lot of Garçon in Gibson, but Gibson has to work on his route running the way Garçon did as a youngster and the way Steven Sims did last year where by the end of the year he was breaking guys ankles getting open in the slot and all over the field. I really hope Gibson can do that bc I’d love to see Terry, Sims & Gibson all on the field in 3 WR sets at some point - whenever that can happen - bc I don’t think teams will be able to stop us.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1