Roster Expectations

soflbillsfan

19 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

@soflbillsfan pretty sure part of the new roster rule is 10 OL must be kept, we had 10 for a lot of last season anyway.

Placing Addison at LDE is based on what both he and Brandon Beane have said this off-season. Also Butler played a lot of 3T in Carolina. He can and likely will do both. 

unaware of this new roster rule having to put 10 oline man on if that is the case then I guess you have to have that many. Last year we had dawkins, ty, bates, morse, ford, feliciano, spain, long, and Ike who else did we have to make 10? 

Yes but from what I read Butler's natural position was 1 tech which is where he played majority of time when Mcdermott was DC. Also he struggled mightily in the 3-4 DE position he played the last few years when they switched over to 3-4, not that it matters in Buffalo just pointing that out.  I see him moving to 3 tech in certain cases but I think his best fit is at 1 tech as that showed his best work at the time. We will see though, oliver and harrison I want as the starters at DT. I want everyone to play the position they are meant to play, putting someone out of position to fill the hole doesn't necessarily mean it is the right move so I am hoping Butler plays the position his strengths are at as well as for Mario. 

31 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

unaware of this new roster rule having to put 10 oline man on if that is the case then I guess you have to have that many. Last year we had dawkins, ty, bates, morse, ford, feliciano, spain, long, and Ike who else did we have to make 10? 

Connor McDermott until sometime in October. 

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Gotcha, so is this rule this year or last year where you have to have 10 olineman? Wonder why this had to be made a rule.

I could be wrong but I think it’s because of the move to 55 on game day. Not sure if 10 have to be active or not. I’ll see if I can find the Sal Capaccio article about it.