PFF Ranks 2017 Eagles OL #1; Eagles DBs #32

Phire

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't disagree, but I'd still take the Redskins Oline over the Eagles.  I think all 3 teams mentioned easily have top 10 Olines in the league though.  

I mean, you guys are starting Lauvao at LG, I might take the upside choice on Chaz Green as long as he stays healthy.

That said, yes we are essentially arguing over 3 lines that are in the top 10.

I don't treat PFF as the gospel, but they have Eagles #1, Cowboys #9, and Redskins #12 in terms of OL ranking. I think more realistically all three lines are top 10 and closer than this indicates.

17 hours ago, Phire said:

I don't treat PFF as the gospel, but they have Eagles #1, Cowboys #9, and Redskins #12 in terms of OL ranking. I think more realistically all three lines are top 10 and closer than this indicates.

Their ranking doesn't really make sense anyway. They rated the Titans o-line as being the best in football last year(which I don't agree with, felt the Cowboys were better, but whatever). And with the Titans returning the same starting 5 that started the majority of last year, they're putting teams like the Eagles(questions in the interior), Browns(a team starting two new FAs at both guard spots, so their line has never played a single snap together to indicate if they're going to be good), Steelers(probably the only line with an argument over the Titans using PFF's logic. Return the same line, but would argue that the Titans having Lewan at LT, as opposed to a mostly inconsistent Villanueva would give them the edge, but it's whatever).

If the article were titled "we're going to try and predict the best offensive lines in football", then fine. Them trying to write this article and claim the best o-line in football(per them) somehow isn't the best anymore and they have teams with unproven starters or fa additions or weak spots above them makes no sense.

That's PFF for you though.

14 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Their ranking doesn't really make sense anyway. They rated the Titans o-line as being the best in football last year(which I don't agree with, felt the Cowboys were better, but whatever). And with the Titans returning the same starting 5 that started the majority of last year, they're putting teams like the Eagles(questions in the interior), Browns(a team starting two new FAs at both guard spots, so their line has never played a single snap together to indicate if they're going to be good), Steelers(probably the only line with an argument over the Titans using PFF's logic. Return the same line, but would argue that the Titans having Lewan at LT, as opposed to a mostly inconsistent Villanueva would give them the edge, but it's whatever).

If the article were titled "we're going to try and predict the best offensive lines in football", then fine. Them trying to write this article and claim the best o-line in football(per them) somehow isn't the best anymore and they have teams with unproven starters or fa additions or weak spots above them makes no sense.

That's PFF for you though.

All fair and valid points. PFF definitely is either really helpful or they're out there doing their own things that nobody understands. 

Archived