Who's the strongest power RB of all time?

y*so*blu

On 02/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, Calvert28 said:

Hand timed and stopped early? I've seen video of him. No way he ran a 4.3 I doubt even 4.4.

Agreed. I doubt he'd be 4.3 fast, but then again; I don't believe Bo ran a 4.1. 

Depending on what clips you watch a 4.4  40-time isn't outside the realms of possibility. (I could see Jim Brown being Terrell Owens fast - 4.45). 

His speed is just so tough to gauge via highlights, because of the speeds they play the film at.

Examples...

(These highlights clearly appear to be slowed down. Which is common for much of the archival JB footage)

... It makes everyone look sluggish, & laboured by today's standards.

~~~

(However, in the two pieces of footage below he appears to be absolutely flying).

... Is the footage sped up, or is it a closer / accurate representation of real game speed?   

On 10/12/2017 at 11:29 AM, Marc MacGyver said:

Agreed. I doubt he'd be 4.3 fast, but then again; I don't believe Bo ran a 4.1. 

Depending on what clips you watch a 4.4  40-time isn't outside the realms of possibility. (I could see Jim Brown being Terrell Owens fast - 4.45). 

His speed is just so tough to gauge via highlights, because of the speeds they play the film at.

Examples...

(These highlights clearly appear to be slowed down. Which is common for much of the archival JB footage)

... It makes everyone look sluggish, & laboured by today's standards.

~~~

(However, in the two pieces of footage below he appears to be absolutely flying).

... Is the footage sped up, or is it a closer / accurate representation of real game speed?   

The announcer talks about his incredible speed and I am not seeing any DB catching him from behind, so believe whatever you want.

2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

The announcer talks about his incredible speed and I am not seeing any DB catching him from behind, so believe whatever you want.

No doubt... I believe he’s fast, just in the 4.4 range, not 4.3.

Imo the two newsreel clips seem to be actual game speed. He definitely has a bit of a wind up before he hits top speed, similar to both AD & T.O. - which happen to be 4.4 guys. 

He’s bigger than AD, closer to Owens in stature, & that’s who I see his speed being comparable to. Owens rarely got ran down either. 

Archived