Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Biggest difference is TDs/Ints

We would all do well to remember the three fluke ints Teddy had that the receivers were directly responsible for.  As well as a couple of TDs he's was robbed of.

Where as Case has had more positive bounces of the ball in this regard.

So yeah I'd say statistically they're fairly comparable as well

It’s funny how you consider Teddy fluke interceptions, but not Case’s. Next you’ll be telling about the TD’s Teddy had dropped. 

29 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Watch the slot WR at the top of the screen.  If Case leads him on his inside shoulder it's a TD, but he pulled trigger way early

I did watch.  FS was far behind him, watching Case start his throw outside.  If the throw was to be deep, QB's feet would turn to go upfield and so would the FS.

This is a timing route, based on the two receivers clearing deep to draw DBs deeper, and free the eventual target in the flat.

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

While the safety is moving backwards, he’s drifting towards the sideline. Any type of reasonable throw towards the middle of the field and this is a big gain. He simply needs to let his receivers run their route and let the play develop a little longer. Which should be on the quarterback’s mind when he has a receiver running a double move. 

What makes it worse, is that he has a clean pocket and no pressure to force an early throw. 

The play was designed to draw DBs deep to clear the flat for the intended target to be one on one.

The drifting of the FS came AFTER Case started his footwork and arm motion for the timing route throw.  Use the slow motion to see all players movements, keeping an eye on FOOT position of the QB, and wind up to throw... look at the FS... who didn't 'drift' until the throwing motion began.

The detailed analysis of this play is futile because it was a timing throw, designed as it was to yield single coverage in the flats.

8 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

The play was designed to draw DBs deep to clear the flat for the intended target to be one on one.

The drifting of the FS came AFTER Case started his footwork and arm motion for the timing route throw.  Use the slow motion to see all players movements, keeping an eye on FOOT position of the QB, and wind up to throw... look at the FS... who didn't 'drift' until the throwing motion began.

The detailed analysis of this play is futile because it was a timing throw, designed as it was to yield single coverage in the flats.

Have you ever been on a football field? Safeties don’t look at the quarterback’s feet. 

Also, this absolutely was not a timing play. Timing plays don’t involve double moves from the receivers, and timing plays are designed to get the ball to the receiver in a position to run with the ball. This was not that, as the running back turns and sits at the 30. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Rudolph_drop.0.gif

Lol, my point is the excuses that count for Teddy somehow don’t count for Case. Now you’re to complain about all deep balls Case   has missed. 

You’re not evaluating the two on the same standard, and shamefully intellectually dishonest.

1 minute ago, Worm Guts said:

You’re not evaluating the two on the same standard, and shamefully intellectually dishonest

I haven’t evaluated the two quarterbacks, together, period. Because what’s truly intellectually dishonest is to try and compare either quarterback when they haven’t played in the same offense. 

You like to bring Bridgewater into the discussion anytime someone offers constructive criticism of Keenum. Why? One has nothing to do with the other. 

No one is saying that Bridgewater would be making these throws. And you can absolutely bet that people would be offering the same criticism towards Bridgewater, just like they did on his deep ball issues. 

Offering constructive criticism is ok, I promise you. 

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Have you ever been on a football field? Safeties don’t look at the quarterback’s feet. 

I noticed that comment too, and sort of giggled. how could a downfield safety see the QB's feets when there are about 10-12 guys standing in front of him?

10 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I’m talking about the one that hit him [Diggs] in both hands. Whether or not  it was a good throw, it should have been caught.

oh no, not at all representative of that play.

the ball did not "hit him in the hands," it was thrown so high Diggs had to fully jump and fully extend his arms, and even then barely got fingertips on it.

that is not being hit in the hands.

Archived