Welcome aboard to the Washington Panthers Eric Stokes

MikeT14

Plot twist- it will actually be the Panthers rebranding, as Washington will trade it’s 2021 first round pick and Jonathan Allen to Carolina for naming rights. 

You guys know how I feel about Panthers hirings right now.  I’m nervous on this one.  There is a reason he was former, and available right now.  If any team did worse with their free agent signings over the past decade than the Redskins, it was Carolina.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Plot twist- it will actually be the Panthers rebranding, as Washington will trade it’s 2021 first round pick and Jonathan Allen to Carolina for naming rights. 

You guys know how I feel about Panthers hirings right now.  I’m nervous on this one.  There is a reason he was former, and available right now.  If any team did worse with their free agent signings over the past decade than the Redskins, it was Carolina.  

I guess, at least, in that defense, he wasn't much involved in the FA signings since he was college?

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess, at least, in that defense, he wasn't much involved in the FA signings since he was college?

I missed that.  Whoops.  

Director or pro scouting is a lot different from college scouting.  I hope Stokes is up for the challenge.  It is not just scouting free agents, off the streets or getting ready for the off-season.  He also has to get the team prepared for the next opponent with all of the film and scouting reports on players.  They are a week ahead of the team, so to speak.  

Given that this is another crony hire, I have my doubts.  In one off-season, Rivera has hired more ex-Panthers than Bruce hired ex-Buccaneers for his entire tenure.  Not many people seem to bat an eye at this. 

• Like 1

This is a wait and see for me, every HC/GM type brings in his own guys. The only ones who didn’t get to was Zorn & McCloughan bc Cerritos controlled Zorn & Allen controlled McCloughan. No matter who we hired, they were going to bring in “their guys” especially with both Allen and Gruden being canned last year and a total new direction being put forth.