Jadaveon Clowney; Yay or Nay?

Nex_Gen

Logistically, he'd be more than a welcome addition given how much New England needs a player who can create on his own in the front 7 defensively. There is nobody proven on the roster at this point to suggest we can continue resorting to creating pressure by way of scheme. And that concept was already being used to mask the fact that we couldn't put a dent on the wall from the front 4 itself.The money is there now with all the opt outs. Clowney's market has come crashing down and is suppressed as ever with the start of the season looming. We all know Bill would rather home grow his pass rushers, then let them walk, and not overpay them. However, history states Bill has been willing to pay up for proven external talent at two positions (CB and Pass Rusher). Should the Patriots sign him? Do the Patriots sign him? If not, who ends up leading New England in sacks this year with 4.5?

In a vacum, I'd say yay as he's a great edge player who blows up run plays to his side.

In our situation, I'd go nay because we have a million edge players and nothing inside to clean mess up and it needs resourcing primarily. Also questions about his discipline, wages etc. I just think we can spend that money more wisely. 

• Like 1