FA LB Darron Lee suspended 4 games

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How was he as a Chief?  

He hardly saw the field..  played in some sub packages early, but lost any PT very early in the season.  He bulked up quite a bit to improve against the run,  it didn’t help it that regard and just made him worse in pass coverage. 

We trusted Reggie Ragland more if that says anything 

Edited by samsel23

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How was he as a Chief?  

We allowed 162 rushing yards per game during the 6 game stretch that Lee was seeing meaningful time on D. We allowed 108 after he was relegated to entirely special teams.

I'm not going to pretend he's the only reason for that difference. But he was bad. Incredibly bad. He was the worst run defender on a bottom 10 run defense. PFF graded him at 36.3. His removal from the field after that Colts game made the team better, instantly.

• Like 1

I honestly never understood what people saw in the guy as a prospect.  He was one of those real head-scratchers for me, as to what separated him from a late round flyer/UDFA project with some movement skills.

Piling this sort of thing on, is just...icing on the cake really.

10 hours ago, samsel23 said:

He hardly saw the field..  played in some sub packages early, but lost any PT very early in the season.  He bulked up quite a bit to improve against the run,  it didn’t help it that regard and just made him worse in pass coverage. 

We trusted Reggie Ragland more if that says anything 

Always seemed to me, even as a prospect...like Lee's problem as a run defender and all around LBer wasn't so much "bulk", as just...being soft as butter, with really bad instincts.

Edited by Tugboat