Any sneaker heads in here?

El Ramster

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I actually ended up getting them from the drop. Forgot to follow up. Thanks for your help!

Nice! I am heading down to the Nike Clearance Store in White Marsh this weekend. Don't sleep on the clearance stores, sometimes you get big luck. I love that pair and I wish I would have gotten them myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I'm thinking of ordering a few pairs of Victor Wembanyama's first edition sneakers whenever they drop, and just holding them for awhile and see if they're worth way more in the future.

I know nothing about sneakers and don't even really have a thing for them. Strictly an investment. 

There's going to be variables on this, like who his deal is with. The thing with alot of basketball sneakers these days is they could be heat but better for basketball. The thing with the retro Js is the person who had them on, when they had them on. By modern standards, I wouldn't ball in like... most of 1-12 or so lol.

Like I love the Ja 1s but I think they're better for basketball than casual wear.

2 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

There's going to be variables on this, like who his deal is with. The thing with alot of basketball sneakers these days is they could be heat but better for basketball. The thing with the retro Js is the person who had them on, when they had them on. By modern standards, I wouldn't ball in like... most of 1-12 or so lol.

Like I love the Ja 1s but I think they're better for basketball than casual wear.

Oh yeah, I still play on the weekends. I wouldn't be caught dead trying to ball in any Jordan's 1-8 if not beyond

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh yeah, I still play on the weekends. I wouldn't be caught dead trying to ball in any Jordan's 1-8 if not beyond

We got my 11 year old brother in law a pair of 36s and he plays in those without issue. He's a bigger kid so I think the next pair I get for him I want to be a bit more supportive.