Giants fear Odell Beckham Jr, suffered a broken fibula

JAF-N72EX

On 10/13/2017 at 7:10 AM, Crickett said:

And how many players have lost their effectiveness over time thanks to an accumulation of injuries?  How many times has that happened to the Giants?  How many times has that happened to Giants WR's?  Remember that time the Giants had one of the best and youngest WR corps in the NFL and that helped propel them to a Superbowl victory?  And then all three of them were out of the NFL by age 30 having long lost their ability as top wide receivers.   There is no reason that can't happen to Beckham and all the confidence in the world wouldn't save his career if it does. 

I hope he can come back too.  The more players the league has who play at a high level, the more entertaining the league is.  But the Giants are a team that has been chewing up and spitting out quality players for almost decade aside from their relative reprieve last year.   And what role 'confidence' has to do with it, I have no idea.

God forbid the injuries of three other completely irrelevant, unrelated players to Odell Beckham. If you think there is actually some correlation between all of them, I don't know what to tell you....

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

God forbid the injuries of three other completely irrelevant, unrelated players to Odell Beckham. If you think there is actually some correlation between all of them, I don't know what to tell you....

Why are any of them irrelevant or unrelated?  They're examples of injuries robbing talented wide receivers of their ability to play at a high level.  If you don't think that can and at this point has a pretty good chance of happening to OBJ because reasons, then I don't know what to tell you either.  I have no reason to think it has happened yet, but getting consistently hurt as OBJ shortens careers, particularly the primes of careers. 

Archived