On-the-Clock Drafts

onejayhawk

We already have a thread for mock drafts. before that one gets bogged down with posts from On-the-Clock and other draft simulators, I am opening this thread. The other thread can be reserved for those wishing to do all the teams themselves.

3 rounds, DraftDiamonds rankings, Difficult

30: R1 P30 WR Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
62: R2 P30 C Josh Myers - Ohio State
93: R3 P29 LB Merlin Robertson - Arizona State

On 12/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, onejayhawk said:

We already have a thread for mock drafts. before that one gets bogged down with posts from On-the-Clock and other draft simulators, I am opening this thread. The other thread can be reserved for those wishing to do all the teams themselves.

3 rounds, DraftDiamonds rankings, Difficult

30: R1 P30 WR Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
62: R2 P30 C Josh Myers - Ohio State
93: R3 P29 LB Merlin Robertson - Arizona State

LOL.......I just did a "draft network" draft and got an almost identical draft.

The only real difference was I drafted Jack Sanborn, LB, Wisconsin at 93.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I would love to get a top TE in the draft. Bateman is a little too much to hope for.

J

Don't need a TE. Kelce is good for a couple more seasons at least.

We do need to improve at WR if we're to lose Watkins, which I think we should. And Hardman is backsliding, not improving.

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Don't need a TE. Kelce is good for a couple more seasons at least.

We do need to improve at WR if we're to lose Watkins, which I think we should. And Hardman is backsliding, not improving.

Fine. Then the **** hits the wall.

In two years you want another TE ready to pick up the load. We need an understudy. It doesn't take a 1st round pick, but it's clear that Yelder and Keizer are not receiving TE's. Also, Kelce is increasingly being used out of the backfield, meaning we can easily have as many as three TE's on the field at once. Think of hi8m as Sherman's replacement.

WR is a real option, though I think you sell Hardman short. He's a 2nd year guy having issues with an expanded playbook. Eventually he will be a 3rd year WR and Watkins will be gone.

J

Edited by onejayhawk