Brandon Linder to ir

LinderFournette

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Per all sources.

With all guranteed money up with Linder are we gonna move on from Linder.

Im not say we should or not but he will have missed 14 out of the last 48 games. I know hes good but at some point availability trumps talent

So we cut him and then what? We have $90M in cap and likely won't come close to using it all. There's literally no reason to cut him and open another hole... especially at a prime position with a young rookie next year.

Not to mention it's fair to wonder if he'd sit out if we were actually competitive the past couple years with the injuries he's had.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So we cut him and then what? We have $90M in cap and likely won't come close to using it all. There's literally no reason to cut him and open another hole... especially at a prime position with a young rookie next year.

Not to mention it's fair to wonder if he'd sit out if we were actually competitive the past couple years with the injuries he's had.

we can draft a replacement early like Creed Humphrey or Josh myers or even Landon Dickerson or Trey hill just to name a few center prospects. 

we could also do something short-term with a guy like Alex Mack. we could also target someone like Corey Linsley of the packers. 

theres likely to be a significant number of cuts from other teams as well because of the cap situation. 

if im the jags gm im looking to make a big splash in free agency signing some of the younger starting guys like JUJU smith-schuster, Marcus williams both of whom are established starters and 24. 

if u really want to get creative depending on schemes offensively and defensively u could invest some nice money into another guy like Schreff or thuney(would likely need to move on from norwell but we would save money on him.

again i wasnt saying we should or shouldnt but missing 29.1% of your games(in 3 years seems pretty terrible when u have to go turn to someone like shatley.  the number of games u likely get out of linder 4 and 2/3 out of 16.  so u can call it 4 or 5 games meaning u would need to invest in a guy who should be a solid starter as a backup. 

hes missed 33 games out of a possible 112  or 29.4% so injury prone isnt something new with him. 

just trying to create some discussion on a guy who should be considered  a question mark on wether or not we keep him. hes also turning 29 in janurary so if we are doing a hardcore rebuild obviously hes not gonna be a key part of the future. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

we can draft a replacement early like Creed Humphrey or Josh myers or even Landon Dickerson or Trey hill just to name a few center prospects. 

we could also do something short-term with a guy like Alex Mack. we could also target someone like Corey Linsley of the packers. 

theres likely to be a significant number of cuts from other teams as well because of the cap situation. 

if im the jags gm im looking to make a big splash in free agency signing some of the younger starting guys like JUJU smith-schuster, Marcus williams both of whom are established starters and 24. 

if u really want to get creative depending on schemes offensively and defensively u could invest some nice money into another guy like Schreff or thuney(would likely need to move on from norwell but we would save money on him.

again i wasnt saying we should or shouldnt but missing 29.1% of your games(in 3 years seems pretty terrible when u have to go turn to someone like shatley.  the number of games u likely get out of linder 4 and 2/3 out of 16.  so u can call it 4 or 5 games meaning u would need to invest in a guy who should be a solid starter as a backup. 

hes missed 33 games out of a possible 112  or 29.4% so injury prone isnt something new with him. 

just trying to create some discussion on a guy who should be considered  a question mark on wether or not we keep him. hes also turning 29 in janurary so if we are doing a hardcore rebuild obviously hes not gonna be a key part of the future. 

Again, I'm well aware  you can attempt to draft a guy. That's not the point. The point is this team is full of youth and uncertainty all over the roster. Why would you cut a guy who is a proven top 5-8 player at his position when we have zero need for cap? There's needs up and down the roster that already need to be filled through FA and the draft. It'd cost a premium pick to draft one of those guys you mentioned which could be used at a position/area where we actually need it. The logic in cutting one of the few proven talents on this team at a vital position for a young QB just seems insane to me.

Never said Linder didn't have injury questions, but there's literally no upside to cutting him right now. Same goes for Norwell who's been v good this year. As I said before, who knows if Linder is even sitting out if this team is halfway competitive right now. There's no reason to trot out a guy who isn't 100 percent in a lost season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Again, I'm well aware  you can attempt to draft a guy. That's not the point. The point is this team is full of youth and uncertainty all over the roster. Why would you cut a guy who is a proven top 5-8 player at his position when we have zero need for cap? There's needs up and down the roster that already need to be filled through FA and the draft. It'd cost a premium pick to draft one of those guys you mentioned which could be used at a position/area where we actually need it. The logic in cutting one of the few proven talents on this team at a vital position for a young QB just seems insane to me.

Never said Linder didn't have injury questions, but there's literally no upside to cutting him right now. Same goes for Norwell who's been v good this year. As I said before, who knows if Linder is even sitting out if this team is halfway competitive right now. There's no reason to trot out a guy who isn't 100 percent in a lost season.

Yeah.  This team just really isn't in a position to be creating new holes, just because a guy gets injured sometimes.  You can't just build a team entirely out of draft picks.  You need veterans out there to fill in the gaps, and Linder is a really solid (and versatile) veteran who is by all accounts, a solid locker room presence.

I still think at some point, the move is to find ourselves a new Center, and push Linder back to RG where he was at his best.  Which also gives you that sort of extra layer of insulation against injuries where he can move around if he needs to.  But he's a guy i'd definitely be keeping, even at his cap number and sometimes questionable reliability.

Agreed on Norwell as well.  Though that might depend a bit on the OC and sort of scheme we're going to be operating.  Norwell has been kinda hit or miss...depending on how the offense is being run.

• Like 1