DeShazor Everrett to IR w/ Chest Injury

turtle28

This one hurts. Deshazor was playing well, and he’s been such a strong team guy for us for so long that it was really fun to watch him get in on all this fun on the defense.

If Reaves or Curl goes down, we’re in some real trouble — but I guess with Apke as our 5th safety and Kendall Fuller with the ability to shift over there in an absolute pinch, we’ve probably got as much depth as just about anybody at the position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

This one hurts. Deshazor was playing well, and he’s been such a strong team guy for us for so long that it was really fun to watch him get in on all this fun on the defense.

If Reaves or Curl goes down, we’re in some real trouble — but I guess with Apke as our 5th safety and Kendall Fuller with the ability to shift over there in an absolute pinch, we’ve probably got as much depth as just about anybody at the position. 

Agreed, but tell that to the idiot on twitter who has been arguing with me for weeks that Everett sucks and really has not shown me via stats or a video or given me a reason why he believes that which would change my position on Everrett.  He has played well and I still think he should've been our starting FS the last two years over Nicholson and Apke. I'm not sure why he didn't start over them, probably because Apke & Nicholson are more physically gifted but, Everrett is the more solid football player who doesn't make mistakes and is a solid tackler and the other two guys certainly weren't the latter.

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

At RR Press Conference yesterday they asked him about Everett’s replacement and seemed pretty confident about Reaves taking over. He also said that they were working with Apke to improve his angles. 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

At RR Press Conference yesterday they asked him about Everett’s replacement and seemed pretty confident about Reaves taking over. He also said that they were working with Apke to improve his angles. 

Yeah, Reaves should definitely be the guy. The All-22 from Reaves vs the Cowboys was really great that I had posted what Mark Bullock from the Athletic and before that the Washington Post. In that Cowboys GDT after the game I had posted what Bullock had tweeted video clips on Reaves’s play after he watched the All-22.

I can appreciate Rivera aka Chris Harris really - the DB coach - continuing to work with Apke to improve his angles but at this point Apke either has it or he doesn’t and he DOESN’T. 

Apke has all the physical gifts to be a good starting FS in the NFL - which is why we drafted him - but, despite that the reason he fell to the 4th round and the reason he’s not been an answer for us at FS is because he takes bad angles and has crappy recognition.

Maybe there’s some long shot he gets better at it, but I don’t trust it to happen and everyone knows me, I’m willing to give everything and anyone a chance longer than just about anyone.

Edited by turtle28