2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

their efficiency as scorers is almost exactly the same, which was the point I was trying to make. And Don is doing at a higher volume.

Right, but Simmons blows him away in every other aspect of the game.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

For sure. Even the run that Utah went on was/is because of Gobert's return, not Mitchell.

Agreed. 

I'm sorry to anyone who disagrees but Mitchell is a chucker and I can't stand his style. He's not a lead guard. He's Ben Gordon with an earlier opportunity.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

their efficiency as scorers is almost exactly the same, which was the point I was trying to make. And Don is doing at a higher volume.

Don has taken almost 500 more 3's than Simmons. At least one of them knows what their strengths are.

Mitchell is their leading scorer. He is kind important. If Embiid went out the 76ers wouldn't be as good. 

The same can be said for Gobert and Utah. But what does that have to do with rookie of the year?

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Don has taken almost 500 more 3's than Simmons. At least one of them knows what their strengths are.

He kinda has to because their 2nd best scorer is Ricky Rubio? lol

And he still is just as efficient because Simmons can't make a three (3 > 2 !!) and is a terrible ft shooter.

2 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

The same can be said for Gobert and Utah. But what does that have to do with rookie of the year?

you brought it up as some sort of argument lol 

obviously their teams are gonna be better when the 1st or 2nd best player is playing instead of not.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He kinda has to because their 2nd best scorer is Ricky Rubio? lol

And he still is just as efficient because Simmons can't make a three (3 > 2 !!) and is a terrible ft shooter.

And yet here we are...

Simmons does more and plays within himself. Mitchell chucks because he has a green light. Nobody thought highly of Ben Gordon yet Donovan is a worse shooting, more defensive orientated version of him.

you brought it up as some sort of argument lol 

obviously their teams are gonna be better when the 1st or 2nd best player is playing instead of not.

My point was that's the only reasoning for this narrative of Mitchell as ROY, and it's not a good one because it's not relevant to ROY.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Embiid is the 76ers most important player. Not sure what the point is here.

The argument for Mitchell as ROY is that he's Utah's most important player (not true). I think that's why BK said that

Archived