Out of the three expected back  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Can only pick 2

• Shea McClellin
    • Vincent Valentine
    • Malcolm Mitchell
    • Other: bring someone else in via trade or FA

1 minute ago, bluemushrooms said:

He's versatile and pretty quick.  Football IQ is pretty good but, instincts are a little off.

He's pretty much just a usable version of McClellin

Was used more outside last season, and given a key role this season in the middle, with the green dot. I think BB sees a lot of potential there. I noticed a few smart adjustment signals in the KC game; so clearly given a lot of responsibility. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Was used more outside last season, and given a key role this season in the middle, with the green dot. I think BB sees a lot of potential there. I noticed a few smart adjustment signals in the KC game; so clearly given a lot of responsibility. 

I think he's got some good football IQ so he's getting the opportunity to call shots here and there.

If he gets a little more athletic or develops slightly better instincts he could be a really solid LB; he's really close to being a decent starting LB imo as long as we scheme properly for him.  

Per Mike Riess:

Teams have the option to bring up to two players back from injured reserve, and McClellin is largely considered the most likely choice among the Patriots' options, including defensive tackle Vincent Valentine (knee) and receiver Malcolm Mitchell (knee). McClellin has been taking part in meetings in recent weeks along with Valentine. It is unknown whether Mitchell has been taking part in meetings.

Archived