2021 FFMD War Room

animaltested

FFMD is back for 2021 with a shortened version with no free agency. This mock draft is forum wide so should get plenty of involvement and can still make trades and complete full draft.

Hoping to get more input here to help push decision and overall direction in the right direction. 

I think the main strategy here should be to go for quantity in the draft, focusing on rotational, and depth pieces. Would be nice to get back up to 6 draft picks. The roster is pretty set, and IRL Seattle probably adds a few more FA's (which would get added automatically I think) and I dont think trading starters for Day 2-3 picks is a good idea, as it would just make thin units worse. Would prefer to move draft value to accumulate more picks. 

But let know what you guys think. 

28 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I think the main strategy here should be to go for quantity in the draft, focusing on rotational, and depth pieces. Would be nice to get back up to 6 draft picks. The roster is pretty set, and IRL Seattle probably adds a few more FA's (which would get added automatically I think) and I dont think trading starters for Day 2-3 picks is a good idea, as it would just make thin units worse. Would prefer to move draft value to accumulate more picks. 

But let know what you guys think. 

I think that's a sound strategy. Off the top of my head, I would entertain trading Rashad Penny & Bobby Wagner. Penny because he's entering his contract year and we know we have Carson for relatively cheap next year. Wagner because Brooks can step into that role and I think you can still get a good haul for Bobby relative to what he brings to this defense. 

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

I think that's a sound strategy. Off the top of my head, I would entertain trading Rashad Penny & Bobby Wagner. Penny because he's entering his contract year and we know we have Carson for relatively cheap next year. Wagner because Brooks can step into that role and I think you can still get a good haul for Bobby relative to what he brings to this defense. 

Hadn't thought about Wagner. Id be open to it since this isnt IRL.

I also put Jarran Reed on the block. I truly believe Bryan Mone could play next to Ponna and we wouldnt see a huge drop in play on early downs. Green, Collier and Lattimore can fill in the gaps on passing downs inside.

4 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Hadn't thought about Wagner. Id be open to it since this isnt IRL.

I also put Jarran Reed on the block. I truly believe Bryan Mone could play next to Ponna and we wouldnt see a huge drop in play on early downs. Green, Collier and Lattimore can fill in the gaps on passing downs inside.

I can dig that. Agreed that Poona is the driving force of the line. 

• 2 weeks later...