Mahomes broke the QB position in the NFL

mission27

On 4/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, Nut said:

This. Allen looked like complete crap in his rookie season, showed signs of progress in his sophomore season (still had some wrinkles to iron out) before becoming an MVP candidate in his third season.

It's not the quarterback, but part of the reason why PIT hasn't really had any long "Dark Ages" stretches since the 70's is because they've only had three head coaches and gen eral managers in that span. They might have had some disappointing seasons, but the Rooneys were smart to show patience.

With that said, I'm really curious how Darnold does without a dolt like Gase as his head coach.

Yep this is the answer. Even though I don't believe the Bills ever had any intention of starting Josh Allen year 1, but were forced to because of injuries and the front office's failure to sign a veteran QB that year. 

I saw First Take debate this the other day about JA regressing and I though it was idiotic (like all those shows). He's improved from year 1 to year 2, from year 2 to year 3. Rarely do you see a QB improve every year than just decline. His floor for 2021 I think is a bit worse than last year and his ceiling is MVP.

Coaching and patience is the key though to developing a Q