Moretti's Final Mock

moretti19

First round, 29th overall 
Second round, 62nd overall 
Third round, 92nd overall 
Fourth round, 135th overall
Fourth round, 142nd overall (compensatory pick)
Fifth round, 173rd overall 
Fifth round, 178th overall (compensatory pick)
Sixth round, 214th overall
Sixth round, 220th overall (compensatory pick)
Seventh round, 256th overall

NFL Draft

First round, 29th overall 

Texas image Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
Height: 6-6. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 5.1.
Projected Round (2021): 1-2.
View Ranking History

4/3/21: Team sources who saw Cosmi to open the 2020 season said it looked like Cosmi had added some good weight and seems better physically. Cosmi blocked well for Texas and had an excellent pro day, showing speed, athleticism and strength. Cosmi is on the bubble of being a late first-round or second-round pick according to multiple team sources.

rawImage.0.jpg

Second round, 62nd overall 

. LSU image Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU
Height: 6-3. Weight: 229.
Projected 40 Time: 4.7.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

4/10/21: Cox was solid for LSU and showed he can handle the jump in competition. With good size and speed, teams see him as a future starter and a player who should continue to improve as he gains experience. He is excellent in pass coverage with tremendous ball production over his career, but for the NFL, he needs to get stronger and tougher as a run defender. Due to those things, many teams have him projected to Day 2 of the 2021 NFL Draft.

bea8adc082494748bc16bee46d64fba9.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Third round, 92nd overall 

Michigan image Nico Collins, WR, Michigan
Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
View Ranking History

4/17/21: Collins is a big receiver who showed some big-play ability as a junior, averaging 20 yards per reception. Michigan was inconsistent, however, at getting him the ball due to its streaky quarterback play. He could have been a riser because he has the size to be a mismatch weapon, but he decided to sit out the 2020 season and prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft.

USATSI_13703321.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Fourth round, 135th overall

7. Wisconsin-Whitewater image Quinn Meinerz, G, Wisconsin-Whitewater
Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
View Ranking History

4/3/21: Meinerz wasn't been helped by the lack of DIII football. He made up for it with a quality week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

quinn-meinerz-nfl-draft-player-profile-uww-center.jpg

Fourth round, 142nd overall (compensatory pick)

7. Florida image Tedarrell Slaton, 3-4DE, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 343.
Projected 40 Time: 5.6.
View Ranking History

4/10/21: Slaton played well in 2020, stuffing runs at the point of attack and getting a push in pass protection. He is a good fit for 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL and could also be a run-stuffing nose tackle in a 4-3.

8626295.jpeg

Fifth round, 173rd overall 

Syracuse image Trill Williams*, CB, Syracuse
Height: 6-2. Weight: 196.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

4/3/21: In 2020, Williams produced well for Syracuse in terms of tackles and plays on the ball. He is a sleeper corner who could be a good value pick.

Williams_Wagner.jpg

Fifth round, 178th overall (compensatory pick)

Louisiana-Monroe image Josh Johnson, RB, Louisiana-Monroe
Height: 5-9. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

4/17/21: Johnson averaged about 3.5 yards per carry in 2020.

8/29/20: Johnson was a hard runner for La.-Monroe in 2019 and was impressive enough to earn a spot on NFL teams' preseason watch list. It was his first season as a starter, and the JUCO product could be even better as a senior now that he has a year of FBS experience.

20201010_AS6706_Josh_Johnson_vs_Liberty_2020_RESIZED.jpg?width=1024&height=576&mode=crop

Sixth round, 214th overall

Charleston image Mike Strachan, WR, Charleston
Height: 6-5. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
View Ranking History

4/17/21: Division II football was scheduled for the spring, but rather than playing, Strachan entered the 2021 NFL Draft.

8/29/20: Strachan is a small-school receiver to keep an eye on. On top of having imposing size, Strachan has been a track performer for Charleston. Strachan dominated the competition in 2019, catching 19 touchdowns over 78 receptions. In his first season of playing college football, he had 48 receptions for 1,007 yards and eight scores.

5dbb7db7adf2f.image.jpg

Sixth round, 220th overall (compensatory pick)

LSU image Kary Vincent, CB, LSU
Height: 5-10. Weight: 189.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.
View Ranking History

4/3/21: Vincent opted out of the 2020 season. For the NFL, Vincent will have to compete as a slot corner. Some teams have him graded as a late-round pick.

9/5/20: Vincent would be ranked higher if he were taller, but at his height, he could be limited to being a slot corner in the NFL. Over the past two seasons, Vincent has been the nickelback for LSU, and he showed big improvement as a junior.

GettyImages-1072703208-e1546207901254-1024x683.jpg

Seventh round, 256th overall

3. San Jose State image Jay Lenard, S, San Jose State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

4/3/21: Lenard missed the first three games of San Jose State's 2020 season. He didn't do enough in 2020 to rise.

KYM21179.jpg

This is probably the best mock I've seen from you. My only real criticism is that you don't go CB earlier though. A lot of people are obsessed with Jabrill Cox and I can understand why, but Collins may be off the board by 92 as would Quinn Meinerz at 135 most likely. That said, who do you select at CB after bumping Meinerz and Collins up a spot? Take one of them out, who do you draft at 62 or 92? Personally, I'd go with the best CB prospect on the board at 62, but I think you'd have to trade up in that round to get someone who's got a grade higher than a 3rd rounder and I think Cox is off the board by that time as well. Plus, we already have two bonafide starters in Martin and Barnes at ILB. I can understand adding depth there, but I think you wait until Day 3 and drop the Slayton pick for that IMO; Slayton has motor concerns and could probably be had UDFA.

Other than that, I'd go Jenkins over Cosmi who could possibly be there in the 2nd. Collins fits our mold for WR's to a tee as does Strachan. I'd go Bobby Brown over Slayton. I'd also drop Josh Johnson as we've been quietly stockpiling RB's in those latter rounds and UDFA the last few years. I'm willing to bet that another OT is selected somewhere around that point in the draft; probably Brendan Jaimes if he's there. I'd also bump Kary Vincent up a few spots as well; tons of potential but needs a good landing spot to put it altogether and Green Bay can be that place.

Again though, this is the best mock I've probably seen from you.

45 minutes ago, Joe said:

This is probably the best mock I've seen from you. My only real criticism is that you don't go CB earlier though. A lot of people are obsessed with Jabrill Cox and I can understand why, but Collins may be off the board by 92 as would Quinn Meinerz at 135 most likely. That said, who do you select at CB after bumping Meinerz and Collins up a spot? Take one of them out, who do you draft at 62 or 92? Personally, I'd go with the best CB prospect on the board at 62, but I think you'd have to trade up in that round to get someone who's got a grade higher than a 3rd rounder and I think Cox is off the board by that time as well. Plus, we already have two bonafide starters in Martin and Barnes at ILB. I can understand adding depth there, but I think you wait until Day 3 and drop the Slayton pick for that IMO; Slayton has motor concerns and could probably be had UDFA.

Other than that, I'd go Jenkins over Cosmi who could possibly be there in the 2nd. Collins fits our mold for WR's to a tee as does Strachan. I'd go Bobby Brown over Slayton. I'd also drop Josh Johnson as we've been quietly stockpiling RB's in those latter rounds and UDFA the last few years. I'm willing to bet that another OT is selected somewhere around that point in the draft; probably Brendan Jaimes if he's there. I'd also bump Kary Vincent up a few spots as well; tons of potential but needs a good landing spot to put it altogether and Green Bay can be that place.

Again though, this is the best mock I've probably seen from you.

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

As for cox, I had his as BPA. Can never have enough linebackers that can cover and are fast.

You can never have enough EDGE rushers, CB's, F TE's, and versatile DB's. I get that Barry will want athletic ILB's, but we're hurting worse at OT and CB. Mainly at OT. This year's OT class is quite deep as well. Also, Daelyn Hayes is an EDGE guy who could easily move to the inside given his athleticism.

Edited by Joe

14 hours ago, moretti19 said:

As for cox, I had his as BPA. Can never have enough linebackers that can cover and are fast.

Is he really that fast?  4.7 is not fast for anyone on defense unless they play DL. There are DL in this draft faster than that. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

This would be a solid draft if it happened. Some have already stated, but I dont think Meinerz lasts to the fourth, but if he did value would be good. Cox I think would be a solid pick and instant upgrade in the middle. I think Slayton can be a very good clogger for us and free up Clark. Cosmi I just dont have excitement for. I think there are some middle round guys that can offer us similar value for our team needs and I am not sold on him.