This years sleepers / surprises

jsthomp2007

I think as camp start I am going to look for a few players to be surprises/sleepers.   Who are your sleepers / surprises?  Let's hear it. 

1. Drew Lock - I think if he worked as hard as people said he did and he worked with Manning, I think he is going to not only win the QB1 job but he will do well. 
  2. Calvin Anderson - I think he wins the RT jobs and keeps it for awhile.  
  3. Albert O - I think he is more explosive than Fant and will take over as TE 1 by middle of the year. 
  4. Justin Strnad - I think at some point he takes over for Josey and probably takes over for AJ next year. 
Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think as camp start I am going to look for a few players to be surprises/sleepers.   Who are your sleepers / surprises?  Let's hear it. 

1. Drew Lock - I think if he worked as hard as people said he did and he worked with Manning, I think he is going to not only win the QB1 job but he will do well. 
  2. Calvin Anderson - I think he wins the RT jobs and keeps it for awhile.  
  3. Albert O - I think he is more explosive than Fant and will take over as TE 1 by middle of the year. 
  4. Justin Strnad - I think at some point he takes over for Josey and probably takes over for AJ next year. 

Albert O will never surpass Fant, but I do agree that he's going to be a nice weapon when he's healthy. He offers something a little different. I also agree on Strnad. He was, by all accounts, looking good pre-injury and he had an ideal skillset for our LB corps. Excited to see what he offers.

The other sleepers/surprises I think come from the secondary. Jamar Johnson, Kaden Sterns, Kary Vincent- I think 2 or 3 of those guys will have a role on the team at some point this year. 

• Like 1