Dolphins release CB Byron Maxwell, sign QB David Fales

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, bzane said:

Irony:

Nevada[edit]

At the University of Nevada, Fales redshirted his freshman year in 2009, behind starter and future NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Fales later explained why he left Nevada: "I realized that what they wanted to do wasn't a good fit for me. They wanted me to be more of a runner."[1]

I don't see the irony?

44 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't see the irony?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-sign-david-fales-not-colin-kaepernick-for-qb-help-after-cutler-injury/

There already is the predictable clamor over the Dolphins preferring to sign David Fales over the presumably-better Colin Kaepernick. Fales, starting his college career at Nevada, was the backup to Kaepernick; now he is chosen over him, although still- it is fair to say- the lesser quarterback.

"The Miami Dolphins have now actively decided for the second time this season that they are better off not having Colin Kaepernick on their roster. When Ryan Tannehill went down with a season-ending injury, Miami went with Adam Gase's old friend Jay Cutler in a move that made football sense.

Now with Cutler dealing with cracked ribs and Matt Moore set to start on Thursday night against the Ravens, the Dolphins are eschewing another opportunity to sign Kaepernick."

"

Still think the NFL isn’t blackballing Kaepernick? David Fales just got signed to the Dolphins? Who? Exactly…..

15 minutes ago, bzane said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-sign-david-fales-not-colin-kaepernick-for-qb-help-after-cutler-injury/

There already is the predictable clamor over the Dolphins preferring to sign David Fales over the presumably-better Colin Kaepernick. Fales, starting his college career at Nevada, was the backup to Kaepernick; now he is chosen over him, although still- it is fair to say- the lesser quarterback.

"The Miami Dolphins have now actively decided for the second time this season that they are better off not having Colin Kaepernick on their roster. When Ryan Tannehill went down with a season-ending injury, Miami went with Adam Gase's old friend Jay Cutler in a move that made football sense.

Now with Cutler dealing with cracked ribs and Matt Moore set to start on Thursday night against the Ravens, the Dolphins are eschewing another opportunity to sign Kaepernick."

"

Still think the NFL isn’t blackballing Kaepernick? David Fales just got signed to the Dolphins? Who? Exactly…..

I don't think it's unusual to sign a QB who is more familiar with the offense and the head coach over a QB who is completely unlike any other QB in the roster and isn't familiar with the system or the head coach at all. Especially in a situation where there is a mere three days to prepare for an NFL game that if there is an injury to Matt Moore they would need to be able to go into the game and have enough knowledge of the system and familiarity with the players to actually play.

Sorry but this doesn't add to the pro-Kaep agenda at all, lol.

43 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't think it's unusual to sign a QB who is more familiar with the offense and the head coach over a QB who is completely unlike any other QB in the roster and isn't familiar with the system or the head coach at all. Especially in a situation where there is a mere three days to prepare for an NFL game that if there is an injury to Matt Moore they would need to be able to go into the game and have enough knowledge of the system and familiarity with the players to actually play.

Sorry but this doesn't add to the pro-Kaep agenda at all, lol.

I don't have a pro-Kaep agenda myself- nor an anti-Kaep one. And no interest in the politics of his situation, one way or the other. But I do see the irony in Fales' being chosen over the QB whom he once backed up; and expect the usual hue and cry from persons having more of a stake in the matter than I do. As indeed has already started.

11 hours ago, bzane said:

But I do see the irony in Fales' being chosen over the QB whom he once backed up; and expect the usual hue and cry from persons having more of a stake in the matter than I do. As indeed has already started.

They can whine and moan all they want. Fales has history with the Dolphins, and with Gase before that. He was signed 72hrs out from being the primary backup. Zero chance Kaepernick is the better call in this situation. He'd just end up being cut if/when Cutler comes back anyway.

Archived