Who do You Like on the Fringe?

onejayhawk

This one is about fringe players and how game #1 affected their position. Some are kind of dicey. one  thin I like is that the author recognizes that TE/FB as a group will like get four roster spots. What I don't like is that he thinks Blake Bell is on the roster bubble. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/8/18/22630632/chiefs-bubble-watch-how-preseason-week-1-impacted-the-roster-bubble

J

13 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

One more for Darwin. I'd rather him than a 7th WR because I think he can spell CEH for some receiving. His twitch is ridiculous

Disagree on this. McKinnon is much better as a receiver and good at pass pro. It's why they picked him up. His potential as a ball carrier is secondary. 

I don't think that's the decision in any event. The 4th RB would be Burton. Is the team willing to go without a FB, since Gray is available?

As a footnote, what would you give for a Moose Johnston?

J

Noah Gray is not on the fringe any more than Joshua Kaindoh. He may not be at the top of the depth chart, but that does not put him in jeopardy of street clothes.

Darwin is one of the players I think Toub was referring to when he said that fewer players would be kept primarily for ST. There are others. 

It's beginning to look like BoPete Keys may earn his keep. He was not in danger of dropping off, but he looks like another CB/S hybrid in the making.

It's kind of sad that we have so few we want want to make the team. It's more a matter of familiar faces getting bumped off.

J

I am putting this here, since training camp has officially closed. t's the first in a series position articles predicting the final 53.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_53_man_roster_projection_running_back/s1_16880_35697557

Hints and portents. Mostly this is about guys we already think have made it but I think they will keep 7 WR.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/8/24/22639937/chiefs-coordinators-give-clues-as-nfl-roster-deadline-looms

Edited by onejayhawk

The buzz all summer is about Devon Key, but it looks like Jody Fortson and Daurice Fountain are also making serious bids to make the final roster. will there be a way to squeeze all three onto the final 53?

With Ward and Saunders stepping their game up, they are no longer potential cuts. Watts and o'Daniel not so much. With five new OL starters, who are the holdovers and how many? Is Prince bidding to make the roster? What of Durant? We have used both in preseason games. We have used Burton at FB and at several other positions. He's a FA who might stick. 

Who from 2020 is still on the 80 man roster and in danger of not making the final 53? I have Armani Watts, Dorian o'Daniel, Darwin Thompson, Andrew Wylie, Yasir Durant. Am I missing anyone?

J