Hau'oli Kikaha

kingseanjohn

Rumor has it he's available for trade. He was a 2nd round pick a couple years ago. I remember wanting him and I had this to say at the time...

Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington. 6'3 246lbs. I know, I know we don't need another OLB. But yes we do. This guy is a beast. Makes a living behind the LOS. With Houston's contract still up in the air and Tamba's being up after 2016, I wouldn't mind another body there. I'm not fully sold on Dee Ford being anything more than a rotational pass rusher yet. Oh, he's also a former Judo Champion. I honestly don't think he'll last this far so hopefully we take him with a 3rd round comp pick that I think we'll get. His injury history does concern me a bit. But the talent is there. Couldn't find a highlight video after a quick search.

On 10/25/2017 at 12:01 AM, mayanfootball said:

Lord knows we're desperate for good tacklers and QB pressure. Dunno how fast he could get ready. Has he been hurt? Was wondering why he's available.

He doesn't really fit our new scheme. He was just drafted when we were still running some 3-4 sets and he fits very well as a pass-rushing OLB. He can play DE in the 4-3 too, however our DC likes his DEs on the bigger side to help with the run. On top of that we have two rookies who have really impressed opposite Cam Jordan and I think the team wants to see more from them. Kikaha was great his rookie year, its sad to see his talent wasted

Archived