Raiders sign LB K.J. Wright

Turnobili

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Whoa.  I didn't realize at all, that he was still out there and available.  Is there something i don't know about a decline in his play, or off-field stuff or something?  Or was he just asking/holding out for too much $$$?

Sounds like he and the Raiders wanted it to happen from the beginning. Was just a matter of sorting out $. 

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like he and the Raiders wanted it to happen from the beginning. Was just a matter of sorting out $. 

That's nice, for everybody then.  Happy feelings.

Seems like a solid veteran get, for a team that obviously could use some help defensively.  He seems versatile enough too, and putting him with Gus, seems hard to go wrong there.

8 hours ago, Sacks98 said:

Wish him well but it probably is about time to start getting some youth at LB.

Getting "youth" at LBer is such a weird game.  Always seems to come down to:

1)Old savvy vets that just keep plugging.

2)Young upside athletes with learning to do, but the talent to make mistakes on the job and live with it.

3)Guys who come out in the draft with 8 years of college experience and step right in as serviceable filler.

4)Projects sitting on the bench "developing" in niche/package roles.

Where that last category is such a crapshoot.  Some guys really take flight after spending some time marinating.  Other guys get thrust into the spotlight and just fall flat on their faces.  It's always a weird moment of suspense as they jump off, waiting to see if they start to fly or plummet.  But i guess you've gotta find out sometime.  Really sucks when you lean into them as a starter and they suck, and drag your defense down with them though.