Clay Helton Fired, Donte Williams Interim HC at USC

JammerHammer21

On 9/15/2021 at 6:55 AM, buno67 said:

The biggest aspect with a HC is truly getting the guys to truly buy into you and the program. Deion with his history as a player/athlete and what he is doing now, shows he can get guys to buy in IMO. For him, it would be about building the right staff. It would just suck for the guys who bought into him now to watch him leave

USC has to get the hire right with the NIL now in place, if they're able to sell kids on the potential endorsement earnings that come with playing in LA, they can become a consistent contender again.

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

No one cares about USC basketball and Enfield had been to a Sweet 16. Deion beat FAMU 7-6. You think that guy should be the next USC HC because he's landed some guys who weren't going to qualify elsewhere?

I personally don't want/think USC should hire Deion Sanders. I'm just saying that it's not out of the realm of possibility for it to happen considering they just hired Enfield who had only been a head coach for 2 years at Florida Gulf Coast because he was a hot name after they had a little run in the NCAA Tournament. Had there been an NCAA tournament in 2020 Enfield would've had 4 bids in the last 6 seasons with 1 NIT year and 1 bad year. Which isn't terrible considering USC's basketball program has always been pretty meh and Kevin O'Neil was 45-61 in 4 years with the program before Enfield took over. 

I personally think they'll hire James Franklin, Urban Meyer, Chris Petersen, or Tony Elliot. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

USC has to get the hire right with the NIL now in place, if they're able to sell kids on the potential endorsement earnings that come with playing in LA, they can become a consistent contender again.

Sounds like prime would be perfect. I want to will this into existence