Week 02 2021 - GDT - Saints (1-0) @ Panthers (1-0)

Mid Iowa

A week after throttling Green Bay at...home in Jacksonville, today will be a; how do we say it, a true test. Last week's win doesn't really show that Green Bay is a bad team, they were simply off. I think it actually shows how good the Saints can be, should be.

So today we're facing one of the top running backs in the league who accounts for something like 57% of the Panther's offense. We're facing a QB without a huge amount of film, and a team with a different attitude than we've likely seen in some time, now that their stable is fairly stabile. 

So today will come with another backpack full of question marks. Davenport and Kwon Alexander are in the nurses den for a few weeks. Lattimore's got a bad hand, and our offense was out of sorts as at least 6 people were on the Covid list this week, so training was done via video conference.

I highly doubt we'll see a 5TD on 19 completions ratio from Winston, but let's see what Jameis can do with start #2 against an always tough defense.

This one is going to be a good one!!

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, our defense looks lost. Everyone is out of position.
Panthers made that drive look easy :(

Offense isn't looking much better.

Missing CB 1 and 2, LB2, RDE1 and DT 1

Backups gotta step up big time, if you don't got it in a divisional game where you're expected to continue a great start with momentum, you ain't got it.

• Like 1

Just now, Mid Iowa said:

I do like our young guys and what they're doing, considering being thrown to the wolves.

I'm not impressed with our veteran D-line, or veteran secondary today. I know it's a rough situation, so I'll tread lightly, but this is a really poor showing thus far.

It’s like they knew they’d get a break for being down so many guys, and are playing like guys who know they’re getting a break