Problem with Nagy and Problem with Pace

dll2000

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Let me tell you it doesn't feel good.  

No, it can't possibly feel good and IMHO about the only way it can even be sloughed off at the NFL level is if you're in a spot like John Fox was where you'd already checked out and were just padding your retirement nest egg with a few million more before you sail into the sunset.

• Like 1

Just now, soulman said:

No, it can't possibly feel good and IMHO about the only way it can even be sloughed off at the NFL level is if you're in a spot like John Fox was where you'd already checked out and were just padding your retirement nest egg with a few million more before you sail into the sunset.

I don't know how they do it. 

I guess they all know going in there is a near 100% possibility that they are going to eventually fail and be fired.  They are more mentally attuned to their situation.  

It is different at lower levels college on down   You can build a program at any level and assure success in long run if done right.  

Much harder to do at NFL level.   Basically only Steelers and Patriots have done it in last 30 years.   Packers to a lesser extent.   Remains to be seen if Patriots can rise back up without Brady.

In 80s SF had a good program going with DeBartlo Jr. and Walsh and Dallas had a good program for a long while under Landry.   Lombardi had a good program in GB.  Raiders had a good thing going for awhile before owner lost touch.   

Steelers are only ones to keep it going through multiple coaches.  And Packers also to a lesser extent.  

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I guess they all know going in there is a near 100% possibility that they are going to eventually fail and be fired.  They are more mentally attuned to their situation.  

That would be my guess.  You can pretty much count one one hand the number of current NFL HCs who've remained with one team for a decade or longer.  About the only reason teams like NE, GB, and Pitt have stayed on top as long as they have were/are their HOF QBs and some common sense.

Also at least for GB and NE playing in weak divisions with lesser competition really helped.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, soulman said:

That would be my guess.  You can pretty much count one one hand the number of current NFL HCs who've remained with one team for a decade or longer.  About the only reason teams like NE, GB, and Pitt have stayed on top as long as they have were/are their HOF QBs and some common sense.

Also at least for GB and NE playing in weak divisions with lesser competition really helped.

It does help.

Momentum is huge in football.  A couple of easy wins in a row gives you a lot of confidence.  A couple of losses in a row cripples you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soulman said:

I've been thinking that the QB and personnel in general do more for a HC than the other way around, but I genuinely think Nagy might kill Fields NFL career before it can get off the ground. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I've been thinking that the QB and personnel in general do more for a HC than the other way around, but I genuinely think Nagy might kill Fields NFL career before it can get off the ground. 

Whether it's Nagy or someone else anyone who sends him out under conditions similar to what we saw Sunday isn't helping him that's for sure.