3 Scenarios mock draft

Big T

For giggles let us just consider round 1 only, I'll post a few more complete mock drafts later in the new year.

3 Scenarios that could pan out.

1st. Jets draft down with the Giants one spot, and the Giants draft Neal OT Alabama, the Jets receive the Giants pick and a second rounder this year and a 4th rounder next year (lets not be too greedy).

2The Jets pick is number 5, the Jets trade Denzel Mims and the 5th pick to Carolina for Carolina's 7th pick. Carolina then drafts QB Matt Corral and sends the Jets a 2nd rounder this year a second rounder next year and third rounder next year (again lets not get too greedy)

3 The Jets are sitting at pick 7&8 The Jets draft Kyle Hamilton and DeMarvin Leal.

The Jets  come away with 2 additional 2nd rounders which would give them 4 on day two of the draft along with an additional 4th rounder from the Giants and a 2nd and third rounder next year from Carolina.

The Jets add 2 blue chip players easily the best at S and a DT who currently has 8.5 sacks to go with the rest of his resume 58 tackles and 1 forced fumbles and he is ascending and is being compared to Aaron Donald( not sure that's fair).

I'm a proponent of drafting down this year, and any future drafts in 2021 will mirror drafting down scenarios.

Understand that compensation is projected and could be more depending on perceived value.

3 minutes ago, Big T said:

For giggles let us just consider round 1 only, I'll post a few more complete mock drafts later in the new year.

3 Scenarios that could pan out.

1st. Jets draft down with the Giants one spot, and the Giants draft Neal OT Alabama, the Jets receive the Giants pick and a second rounder this year and a 4th rounder next year (lets not be too greedy).

2The Jets pick is number 5, the Jets trade Denzel Mims and the 5th pick to Carolina for Carolina's 7th pick. Carolina then drafts QB Matt Corral and sends the Jets a 2nd rounder this year a second rounder next year and third rounder next year (again lets not get too greedy)

3 The Jets are sitting at pick 7&8 The Jets draft Kyle Hamilton and DeMarvin Leal.

The Jets  come away with 2 additional 2nd rounders which would give them 4 on day two of the draft along with an additional 4th rounder from the Giants and a 2nd and third rounder next year from Carolina.

The Jets add 2 blue chip players easily the best at S and a DT who currently has 8.5 sacks to go with the rest of his resume 58 tackles and 1 forced fumbles and he is ascending and is being compared to Aaron Donald( not sure that's fair).

I'm a proponent of drafting down this year, and any future drafts in 2021 will mirror drafting down scenarios.

Understand that compensation is projected and could be more depending on perceived value.

1. Trading down always "seems" easy, but in realty its not. Odds are both Ikem and Neal are there at our pick. Both highly rated. So I don't see the Giants giving up a package when they'd still be guaranteed a highly talented OT.

2. This franchise isn't done with Mims. The staff speaks very highly of him. Let him have a healthy offseason and learn the playbook and see what he can do next year. Furthermore... How is CAR trading us their 2nd rounder when we already own their 2nd rounder this year from the Darnold trade. CAR also has 0 issue at WR, its other factors for them. Not WR.

3. We draft IDL in the top 10 again.... I'll go ballistic. IDL isn't our issue, it's getting payers around that IDL. LBs and another Edge (Lawson will be back next season) will make those guys play at a higher level. S is a need for us. But nearly never has a top 10 safety ever lived up to that draft spot (see Adams). I'd rather us go CB and Edge 7 and 8 than IDL and S.

Umm No on all of them. If you are moving down a few spots and your that high up you better get a next years first or you don't do the trade. We have 2 high first round picks. Don't get cute pick your guys and move on. It is time to cash in on those picks and start to build now not years down the road as usual. This is why if I trade down a few spots better be next years first too or no deal. We don't need more second round picks we can't hit on. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

1. Trading down always "seems" easy, but in realty its not. Odds are both Ikem and Neal are there at our pick. Both highly rated. So I don't see the Giants giving up a package when they'd still be guaranteed a highly talented OT.

2. This franchise isn't done with Mims. The staff speaks very highly of him. Let him have a healthy offseason and learn the playbook and see what he can do next year. Furthermore... How is CAR trading us their 2nd rounder when we already own their 2nd rounder this year from the Darnold trade. CAR also has 0 issue at WR, its other factors for them. Not WR.

3. We draft IDL in the top 10 again.... I'll go ballistic. IDL isn't our issue, it's getting payers around that IDL. LBs and another Edge (Lawson will be back next season) will make those guys play at a higher level. S is a need for us. But nearly never has a top 10 safety ever lived up to that draft spot (see Adams). I'd rather us go CB and Edge 7 and 8 than IDL and S.

I think looking at the big picture concerning DL is are the Jets going to hit Foley with a multimillion dollar package and invest hundreds of millions of dollars on a terrible DL? Fatukasi is a run stopper, period. He is replaceable by a rookie DL later in the draft if need be. Q is going to demand a 100 million dollar contract and in the neighborhood of 50 million guaranteed. Their paying 15 million a year to Lawson who hasn't see the field (45 million contract). Next they are paying JFM 4 years 55 million with 30 million guaranteed.

185 million without a Q contract. 

I think we have to be realistic here, do you draft a guy who can play on the DL and has great sack numbers who you don't have to pay for 5 years and is being compared to Aaron Donald or do you pass because it will drive you crazy and draft a guy like Stingley who's been hurt the past 2 years?

While I don't have an issue with the Jets using the 2 number 1 picks on blue chip players, and I agree with you that drafting down is not easy. 

I think landing someone like Leal and Lindenburg (for example) even though we need D desperately would at least give Wilson an Elite line and if the draft falls the right way it could happen.

Do we need PR's ? Not in my estimation, do we need safeties? Maybe 1, should we draft 2? Maybe, but we have no go to game changing WR/TE's and we have serviceable RB's and Carter who will be with us for the next 4 years if his health holds up. 

Our team is woefully untalented on the D line and backup OL.

Now put a top DL with the ability to get to the QB like Leal, with Q, Lawson, and JFM, and I think the D line could be special.

But I don't see the Jets pouring that kind of money into the D line, not 200 million plus.