Where do we go from here?

JMG5

On 1/29/2022 at 5:53 PM, whodatworm23 said:

As far as the next coach... DA is rightfully the "in house favorite". However, to me Brian Flores alters the thinking. I'm a huge fan of Flores and I see him as a young defensive version of Sean Payton. A young, confident, brash, intelligent football mind that is lazer focused on football and winning. Hes the type of candidate that can walk into the room and blow Mickey Loomis away. I love DA but that is completely baised on his ability as a DC. I love Flores for what he's done as a HC... thats a HUGE difference. I feel Flores is the better candidate while Allen may be the better short term fit. I think Loomis will eventually play it safe and hire DA but man would I love to see Flores as the new HC in NOLA!

My issue with Flores is how combative he was with Tua, although this could've just been slander from their front office trying to justify the firing. I'm hoping we draft a young QB next year and I'm not sure I want him in charge of developing said QB. 

That being said, If Loomis thinks Flores is by far the best candidate then I'll trust his judgement. It'll definitely be interesting to see who he chooses to be his OC if he is hired though. I would like to see Pete keep that job personally.