Josh Allen's Rookie Year vs. Zach Wilson's Rookie Year.

DefenseWinsChampionships

Josh Allen: Rookie Season: 

12 games. 

169/320 (52.8%). 

2,074 Passing Yards.  

172.8 Passing Yards Per Game. 

10 Passing TDs/12 INTs. 

8 Fumbles (2 fumbles lost). 

14 Turnovers (INT/Fumbles) combined). 

☆ QB Rating of 67.9. 

Vs. 

Zach Wilson: Rookie Season: 

13 games. 

213/383 (55.6%). 

2,334 Passing Yards.  

179.5 Passing yards per game. 

9 Passing TDs/11 INTs. 

5 Fumbles (1 Fumble lost). 

12 Turnovers (INT/Fumbles) combined. 

☆ QB Rating of 69.7. 

Very similar (passing) statistics but what Zach Wilson did as a Rookie QB was extremely impressive for me because not only was he drafted into a 2-14 crap team but he continued to improve despite having to face and play against the NFLs #1 and most difficult Defensive Schedule (of any QB in the league) and also while being without more teammates due to injury (than any QB within NFL history); and he survived (sacked 44x with only 1 Fumble lost just goes to show off both his mental and physical toughness). 

Alijah Vera-Tucker = 1 game missed @ LG.

• Braxton Berrios = 1 game missed @ WR.

• Connor McGovern = 2 games missed @ C.

• George Fant = 2 games missed @ OT.

• Keelan Cole = 2 games missed @ WR.

• Michael Carter = 3 games missed @ RB.

• Jamison Crowder = 5 games missed @ WR.

• Daniel Brown = 5 games missed @ TE.

• Trevon Wesco = 5 games missed @ TE.

• Elijah Moore = 6 games missed @ WR.

• Denzel Mims = 6 games missed/DNPs @ WR.

• Telvin Coleman = 6 games missed @ RB.

• Tyler Kroft = 8 games missed @ TE.

• Corey Davis = 8 games missed @ WR.

• Mekhi Becton = 16 games missed @ Franchise LT.

▪︎ Josh Allen had 11 INTs during his final 10 games as a Rookie.

(Zach Wilson only 4 INTs during his final 10 games). 

▪︎ Josh Allen had a high of 245 Passing yards. 

(Zach Wilson had highs of 258 and 297 passing yards).

▪︎ Josh Allen only had two games of over 60% completion percentage of 65% and 68%.

(Zach Wilson had 4 games of at least 60% completion percentage (60%, 60%, 61% and 63%). 

PS Buffalo Bills fans:

I absolutely love Josh Allen and consider him a top 5 QB alongside the likes of Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert (with Dak Prescott right behind). 

The reason why I created this Rookie Comparison thread is because I see so much of Josh Allen in Zach Wilson in terms of their A+ rocket arms, mobility of athleticism, their ability to make plays outside of the pocket along with their physical toughness; I just see so much of Josh Allen in Zach Wilson and as a Jets fan I just hope to see us build around him as Buffalo has built around your Josh Allen. 

Right now we only have 4 Offensive Building Blocks around Zach Wilson and our QB position.  

1.) Mekhi Becton (LT). 

2.) Alijah Vera-Tucker (LG). 

3.) Elijah Moore (WR). 

4.) Michael Carter (RB). 

But our GM Joe Douglas is about to surround this kid with A+ fire power

A.) Our (potential) Franchise QB already in place.

B.) Top 5 available salary cap space for Free Agency.

C.) The NFLs #1 and A++ draft capital.

▪︎(4 draft picks within the first 38 picks for the first time since 1970 of 52 years ago and 9 picks within just the first 5 rounds alone). 

• I wasn't around for our Joe Namath days (born in 1985) but I don't remember a time where my Jets Franchise were ever in this type of position moving forward. 

(Trades that our GM Joe Douglas has made + our original draft selections in order to continue building around Zach Wilson).

Jamal Adams = Alijah Vera-Tucker (1st round pick of 2021) @ LG. 

1.) 4th overall pick of the 1st round (2022)

2.) Jamal Adams = 10th overall pick of the 1st round (2022). 

3.) 2nd round pick (35th overall)

4.) Sam Darnold = 2nd round pick 38th overall (2022). 

5.) 3rd round pick (69th overall).

6.) Sam Darnold = 4th round pick 109th overall (2022). 

7.) Chris Herndon = 4th round pick 115h overall (2022). 

8.) 5th round pick (145h overall).

9.) Avery Williamson = 5th round pick 162nd overall (2022). 

(These 9 2022 draft picks within the first 5 roundd alone have the potential to become Franchise-Altering; especially if walking away with 6+ NFL starters.  

▪︎ For as much as I like C.J. Mosley? C.J. Mosley isn't a Joe Douglas FA and if released after 2022s season next year that'll save us another $34M over two years in available salary cap space (with a dead cap of only 4.5M) in order to invest even more into this kid QB. 

I hope to see our GM surround this kid with A++ firepower on Offense because Zach Wilson in return will show the NFL world why he ranked #4 All-Time in NCAA QB Rating during a single season (2020) and only behind the likes of...

1.) Joe Burrow (202.0).

2.) Tua Tagovailoa (199.4). 

3.) Kyler Murray (199.2). 

4.) Baker Mayfield (198.9). 

5.) Zach Wilson (196.4). 

All of that to say this.

I really believe in this kid QB Zach Wilson because he's without question the most talented Jets QB I've ever witnessed since dating back to Chad Pennington (pre- injuries) and if our GM Joe Douglas can build around him with A+ Offensive Fire Power (as Buffalo did for Josh Allen beginning in year #3) I think we could be on the verge of witnessing another Jim Kelly vs. Dan Marino type of AFC East QB rivalry.  

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

17 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We do all purpose yards with Allen around here 

Allen ran for 631 and 8 TD as a rookie 

Allen had the better rookie year overall

Only as a runner but not as a Passing Quarterback he didn't. 

And how many key offensive injuries did Josh Allen have to overcome during his Rookie year? Because Zach Wilson had more Offensive injuries to his teammates than any QB within NFL history ever experienced. 

And what was Josh Allen's Defensive Strength of Schedule as a Rookie? Because Zach Wilson went up against the NFLs #1 and most difficult Defensive schedule of any QB in the league. 

Josh Allen: Rookie Season: 

12 games. 

169/320 (52.8%). 

2,074 Passing Yards.  

10 Passing TDs/12 INTs. 

☆ QB Rating of 67.9. 

Vs. 

13 games. 

213/383 (55.6%). 

2,334 Passing Yards.  

9 Passing TDs/11 INTs. 

☆ QB Rating of 69.7. 

Zach Wilson had a better (passing) year as a QB within almost every QB statistical category known to mankind. 

Zach Wilson also had 185 Rushing Yards and 4 Rushing TDs but then again; I'm looking for a Quarterback and not a Running Back. 

All Purpose Yards

Josh Allen = 2,705 Offensive Yards.

Zach Wilson = 2,519 Offensive Yards. 

But once you factor in Zach Wilson facing the NFLs toughest #1 Ranked Defensive Schedule (of any QB in the league) + all of his teammates injuries + his Efficiency =  Better Rookie season than Josh Allen.  

Better completion percentage.  

More Passing yards per game.  

Less turnovers.  

Better QB Rating.  

But I'll admit. Josh Allen was the better RB (during their Rookie seasons). 

7 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Only as a runner but not as a Passing Quarterback he didn't. 

And how many key offensive injuries did Josh Allen have to overcome during his Rookie year? Because Zach Wilson had more Offensive injuries to his teammates than any QB within NFL history ever experienced. 

And what was Josh Allen's Defensive Strength of Schedule as a Rookie? Because Zach Wilson went up against the NFLs #1 and most difficult Defensive schedule of any QB in the league. 

Josh Allen: Rookie Season: 

12 games. 

169/320 (52.8%). 

2,074 Passing Yards.  

10 Passing TDs/12 INTs. 

☆ QB Rating of 67.9. 

Vs. 

13 games. 

213/383 (55.6%). 

2,334 Passing Yards.  

9 Passing TDs/11 INTs. 

☆ QB Rating of 69.7. 

Zach Wilson had a better (passing) year as a QB within almost every QB statistical category known to mankind. 

Zach Wilson also had 185 Rushing Yards and 4 Rushing TDs but then again; I'm looking for a Quarterback and not a Running Back. 

All Purpose Yards

Josh Allen = 2,705 Offensive Yards.

Zach Wilson = 2,519 Offensive Yards. 

But once you factor in Zach Wilson facing the NFLs toughest #1 Ranked Defensive Schedule (of any QB in the league) + all of his teammates injuries + his Efficiency =  Better Rookie season than Josh Allen.  

So you came into the Bills thread to tell us Wilson had a better rookie year passing but not a better rookie year overall? 

Like I said, Wilson has alot to prove next year. Jets should be a .500 team. I think its 50/50 if Wilson has a successful career. I thought the same after Allen's rookie year. Thank good I was wrong 

I see alot of Baker Mayfield in Wilson 

Edited by BillsGuy82

33 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So you came into the Bills thread to tell us Wilson had a better rookie year passing but not a better rookie year overall? 

Like I said, Wilson has alot to prove next year. Jets should be a .500 team. I think its 50/50 if Wilson has a successful career. I thought the same after Allen's rookie year. Thank good I was wrong 

I see alot of Baker Mayfield in Wilson 

Come on man. 

Buffalo didn't go 10-6 because of "Josh Allen" during his 2nd year.

You guys went 10-6 in spite of him due to a top 1-3 NFL Defense which is something that the Jets don't and won't have (at least not next year) because we just finished dead last (32nd). 

271/461 (58.7%).

3,089 Passing Yards (only 193.0 per game).

20 TDs/9 INTs. 

14 Fumbles (4 lost). 

13 Turnovers.  

QB Rating of only 85.3. 

510 rushing yards with 9 rushing TDs.  

Lets not demand Zach Wilson goes "9-8 or 8-9" when during Josh Allen's 2nd year Buffalo's Offense only ranked 23rd in points scored and 24th in Offensive Yards. 

It was your Defense who carried him and ranked 2nd in Points allowed and 3rd in yards allowed.  

Be honest. Without Buffalo's top 1-3 led NFL Defense; Josh Allen doesn't even sniff .500 man (not with a very bad 23rd and 24th ranked Offense he doesn't).

And during the playoffs vs. Houston Josh Allen put up one of the worst postseason 2nd half performance of All-Time (it was atrocious) and he single handedly prevented his Buffalo team from advancing (3 point loss). 

Not here to trash Josh Allen. Imo he's developed into a top 5 QB. With potential to become a top 10 All-Time great.  

But let's not act and pretend as if he didn't become an elite QB until his 3rd year. 

And let's not act and pretend as if he would've sniffed ".500" without that #2 and #3 ranked Buffalo Bills Defense of his year #2 while his Offense struggled to rank 23rd and 24th. 

(I know. Because I watched our 2009 and 2010 #1 Ranked Jets D carry Rookie/2nd year Mark Sanchez into back to back AFC Championship Games and I can comprehend what a great D does for mediocre to average at best QBs early on). 

To sit here and claim Zach Wilson "must go .500" during his 2nd year is pretty Bush League.

And I'll admit, if we have the #2 and #3 ranked NFL Defense? As Josh Allen did? Yes. He should go above. 500%.