Pick 143 Titans Select TE Chig Okronkwo

615finest

30 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Everyone's favorite word is RAW.  2nd in receptions in the Big Ten and runs a 4.52.  But hey, if he had the same number of receptions and was a white blocking TE who ran a 4.7 he wouldn't be so raw?  I kind of like getting a guy with that much upside in the 4th round.  A guy with enough speed we can slide him out occasionally when they want to match him with a LB.  Nothing wrong with the pick at all.  Especially where we got him.

I don’t care bout 40 time I care bout 1 thing can you run routes & separate I don’t hate the pick & like I said 4th-7th rd is were you’re banking on drafting guys you can develop.  Not against the pick just don’t care for it but I do hope he develops & become a stud 

On 5/9/2022 at 12:56 PM, TitanRedd said:

I don’t care bout 40 time I care bout 1 thing can you run routes & separate I don’t hate the pick & like I said 4th-7th rd is were you’re banking on drafting guys you can develop.  Not against the pick just don’t care for it but I do hope he develops & become a stud 

You would love the Philips kid then.  There were TEs I liked better but it means we don't take an OT or Willis to get them.  IMO JRob was trying to maximize value and position value and did a pretty good job of it.  I've heard 100 people say we needed an OL guy over McCreary although they like that pick.  And if one of the OGs or OTs drops to 26 maybe we pull the trigger.  But they didn't.  So why reach?  JRob maximized value and picks without reaching and got as much value out of each pick he could.  

• 2 weeks later...