Potential Julian Edelman return?

biggie.

42 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Cole Beasley everyone was saying is washed, the one that lost a significant step, and got upgraded on by a used Jamison Crowder? Emmanuel Sanders? The unemployed Emmanuel Sanders?

Davis and Bourne played virtually the same number of snaps (571 vs 573), Bourne saw 7 more targets and had ~250 more yards, 1 less TD. No dual threat, top 5ish QB to worry about or top 10 receiver to draw coverage away, either. 

And now the gadget player (who got like 98% of his production last year in one game came NE…) is the #1 or #2 receiver if he’s in NE too? Stop it.

The Pats’ WR room isn’t great or even very good, at this point. Probably 20th-24th in the league, give or take. But it’s not like…the Bears or Packers here. 

What are you talking about dude? Davis didn't get placed in the starting lineup until half way into the season thats a fact so Idk what the Beasley/Sanders/Crowder thing means but :

Gabriel Davis first half of the season behind Sanders/Beasley : 10 rec - 133 yards - 2 TDs

Gabriel Davis second half of the season starting : 25 rec - 416 yards - 4 TDs

Then added another 150 yards and 5 TDs in the postseason. 

And for the McKenzie vs Meyers/Bourne, yeah if I needed a boundary WR I'd take one of them but McKenzie for the Bills. I prob overshot my shot with that one and will concede the point lol. 

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Davis has one huge game against an awful secondary and is already being crowned as the next Jerry Rice I see 

Lol I love when people discredit stats like this. How many other WRs put up 200 yards and 4 TDs against the Chiefs secondary? And the Chiefs secondary was historically bad in the first part of the season but what i remember is them turning it around and being pretty solid the last part of the season. I could research the splits but not worth it. All Bills fans are saying is he's a prime candidate to be a breakout star next season now that he'll be the true #2 WR in a pass happy offense with a top 3 QB.   

Gabriel Davis and AJ Brown have the same amount of TDs the last two seasons including postseason. Wait until he gets more than 60 targets a season. 

Back to the Edelman talk.. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

I think he does, yes. Gabe Davis was behind Sanders and Beasley last year and has steadily increased every year he's been in the pros. Now that he's the true #2 he's going to be getting a ton of targets from Allen this year and a 1,100+ yard season with 8+ TDs wouldn't shock me one bit. 

Those guys have better stats because they've been in the league longer but Davis is going to shock some people this year and I wouldn't be suprised if he finishes with more TDs than Diggs but less yards. 

I love Gabe Davis for fantasy football and think he's poised for a very big year but to say he's already better than all of the Patriots WRs is a reach. He could definitely prove to be better this year though.

On 6/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, biggie. said:

I think us having a "bad" WR corps is a myth. We're not Cincy, but Parker/Bourne/Meyers/Thornton is a more than functional group.

Jules coming back would provide locker room leadership the team could really use.

It’s crap. It’s bottom 10 easily. However, it IS better than last year…

no chance Edelman comes back. Praying Thornton is good.

Edited by Hunter2_1