S Derwin James signing a 4 year extension

JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Budda is another in that mold for sure. I don't see enough of him, tbf. I have hopes that Dugger develops into guys like James and Baker. 

I was super high on Dugger heading in. People said "who???" because he went to Lenoir-Rhyne, but he was 27 on my big board in 2021. Number 2 safety, behind only Winfield and ahead of McKinney and Delpit.

I still think he can be an difference maker in the NFL. You never bet on an immediate take-off with someone coming from that small of a program. 

As for Budda, dude is legitimately so much better than I had thought in his draft. I knocked him for being undersized but he's one of the hardest-hitting safeties in the league and just always around the ball. He was an upgrade over Tyrann Mathieu for us, which is wild. Unfortunately, he's been the only blue chip player on the Cardinals' defense for a few years now. They've performed well as a unit, hovering right at that 10-12 range the past couple years, but that roster has been barren.

14 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I was super high on Dugger heading in. People said "who???" because he went to Lenoir-Rhyne, but he was 27 on my big board in 2021. Number 2 safety, behind only Winfield and ahead of McKinney and Delpit.

I still think he can be an difference maker in the NFL. You never bet on an immediate take-off with someone coming from that small of a program. 

As for Budda, dude is legitimately so much better than I had thought in his draft. I knocked him for being undersized but he's one of the hardest-hitting safeties in the league and just always around the ball. He was an upgrade over Tyrann Mathieu for us, which is wild. Unfortunately, he's been the only blue chip player on the Cardinals' defense for a few years now. They've performed well as a unit, hovering right at that 10-12 range the past couple years, but that roster has been barren.

Dugger showed as a solid starter last year. Hoping for another step this year. 

• Like 1