Who do you want next at HC and GM?

ET80

27 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not sure how or why so many people believe McDaniels won with Tebow. McDaniels went 5-17 after starting 6-0 in Denver(That 6-0 start was with Kyle Orton), and Tebow never started a game with McDaniels at HC as he was fired before Tebow started in 2010.

John Fox is the guy who "won with Tebow".

McDaniels is a joke who has 0 success to speak of without Brady and Belichick carrying him. Would be a massive downgrade from BoB, IMO, and I don't even like BoB that much.

thank you.   no more pats coordinators!

On 12/29/2017 at 5:20 PM, TitanLegend said:

Not sure how or why so many people believe McDaniels won with Tebow. McDaniels went 5-17 after starting 6-0 in Denver(That 6-0 start was with Kyle Orton), and Tebow never started a game with McDaniels at HC as he was fired before Tebow started in 2010.

John Fox is the guy who "won with Tebow".

McDaniels is a joke who has 0 success to speak of without Brady and Belichick carrying him. Would be a massive downgrade from BoB, IMO, and I don't even like BoB that much.

Well, I hate to admit a Titanfan makes a good point, but gotta give him this one. McDaniels is so linked with the absurd Tebow pick, most people associate him with Tebow's playoff season in 2011 (an 8-8 season (7-4 w/Tebow) with a 1 play overtime victory over the Steelers).  If you recall, a major factor in him being fired was getting busted taping a 49ers walkthru before their game in London - not coincidentally, MaDaniels was Pats OC when the Pats did the same thing to the Jets in 07.  Dude ran the worst offense in the NFL in 2011 for the 2-14 Rams and practically destroyed Sam Bradford in his 2nd year after a promising rookie campaign and he actually improved the next year for a Jeff Fisher coached team which is pretty damning. In the years he was gone, the Pats had the #6 offense in 09 (w/Brady returning from ACL), #1 2010, #3 2011 (Super Bowl loss). 

Really the biggest argument for Josh is that you can explain away the Broncos era on him being young, cocky, and naive (and the usual mistake of giving a coach not named Belichick too much personnel power) and that he's had a nice run since returning in 2012 including top 3 offenses in NFL 2012, 13, 15, 16, 17 and #4 in 2014.  He also was smart enough to trade away Cutler, so there's that.  I kind of agree that it's pretty hard to separate any Pats coach from the two GOATS, but McDaniels is definitely the primary architect of what we know as the Pats offense (apologies to Charlie Wies who won 3 Super Bowls with the far more conservative Ray Perkins offense) and both Belichick and Brady's most trusted lieutenant.   He's a bit like Tom Moore with Manning in that I think there comes a point where it's hard to distinguish teacher from student (altho Moore did great things with the 80's Steelers and mid 90's Lions) and there are no guarantees that he is able to work the same magic with someone else, but Cassell, Garappollo, are solid arguments and he did beat O'Brien with Brissett (along with the 2017 Colts). 

Personally, I think McDaniels IS a significant part of the Pats offensive genius and lumping him in with others like Crennel, Mangini, Wies, and O'Brien is overly simplistic.  Crennel developed alongside Belichick under Parcells, not under him and was simply Peter Principled as a great DC, bad HC.  Ditto Wies in almost every way.  Mangini spent all of 1 season as DC under Belichick, much like O'Brien's 1 token season as Pats OC.  The personnel guys have done ok including Pioli and Dimtroff in Atlanta, Robinson in Tenn, and Quinn in Detroit.  McDaniels has 13 years in with the dynasty and while not Steve Jobs, he's a solid Tim Cook.  I think he went thru his Belichick Browns era and is going to make a hell of a head coach as long as he's pared with a solid personnel guy he's lock-step with.   I think the Giants gig makes a ton of sense for him as he could try to milk a final run out of Eli while also building with Rosen or Darnold, top notch ownership like in NE, and Gettleman seems like a great guy to pair him with to avoid the Tebow-ish overreaches.

I just don't see McNair being bold enough for a full housecleaning and I don't see any coach like McDaniels who can write his own ticket coming to a team with an incompetent poser like Rick Smith running the show. I'm fully prepared for Rick to win this battle and for Vrabel to become our next coach with Mangini-esque results.  I'm hoping we at least "trade" O'Brien, since Rick Smith gets praised for getting draft picks for disasters of his own creation like Osweiler, Duane Brown, and Bouye even if they are pennies on the dollar.   

MOOT point guys. ESPN saying we will BOB

so basically we aren’t winning anything. Watson is good. Really good and if he is back at 100% I think we can make the playoffs. 

But BOB can’t coach. He can’t do clock management, he can’t make tough calls. Just look at New England and Seattle games. 

But we might make the playoffs and maybe win a game or even two. Which means he gets an extension. 

That means we need to tank next year to have a chance at bringing in a super bowl level coach. 

Talk about making a bad season worse. 

Archived