Colts cut Hot Rod, sign 2 Ks to practice squad (updated for more roster moves)

Wyld Stallyns

Added:

CB Tony Brown from practice squad to main roster

CB Darrell Baker Jr to practice squad 

S Henry Black to practice squad

Ks McLaughlin and Havrisik 

Gone 

K Rodrigo Blankenship from main roster 

G Arlington Hambright from practice squad

CB Chris Wilcox from practice squad 

CB/S Will Redmond from practice squad 

I wonder if Irsay had visions of Vanderjagt (someone who could not kick in pressure situations) and just decided to cut Blank loose, so he doesn't cost the Colts a playoff win in the future.

I'm not sorry to see him go because he is just an above average kicker, but I do think he is being scapegoated a bit, if they want to fire someone to blame for the loss (yes I know it was a tie, but IMO a tie is a loss because it's not a win), then, IMO, they should fire Reich.  Reich is a better Xs and Os coach than Pags, but he's on about the same level when it comes to getting the team ready to play and developing a game plan. 

Fortunately Ballard has developed a stacked roster so they will be mildly successful no matter who the coach is.

9 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

I wonder if Irsay had visions of Vanderjagt (someone who could not kick in pressure situations) and just decided to cut Blank loose, so he doesn't cost the Colts a playoff win in the future.

I'm not sorry to see him go because he is just an above average kicker, but I do think he is being scapegoated a bit, if they want to fire someone to blame for the loss (yes I know it was a tie, but IMO a tie is a loss because it's not a win), then, IMO, they should fire Reich.  Reich is a better Xs and Os coach than Pags, but he's on about the same level when it comes to getting the team ready to play and developing a game plan. 

Fortunately Ballard has developed a stacked roster so they will be mildly successful no matter who the coach is.

I’m not going to argue against Irsay being more aggressive on player decisions since he tore into Ballard and Reich after week 18 last year. Reich told the media (Monday afternoon) that he and Ballard were going to have a meeting to discuss Blankenship at 5:45 (Monday Night). He didn’t mention if Irsay was going to be there as well.

Based on the reports that the Colts had brought in Josh Lambo and Matthew Wright for workouts (Tom Pelissaro) I believe they cut Blankenship first and then decided on how to handle the situation afterwards.

And of course they go with a band-aid