Mike Gillislee

biggbrd

What happens to Gillislee from here on out?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What happens to Gillislee from here on out?

• Doesn't see the field again, healthy scratch for the rest of the year
    • Plays some weeks based on matchups
    • Returns to active roster, no more healthy scratches
    • Somebody's gonna get injured anyway, we'll be glad he's around then

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

That would be a bad move IMO. Lewis has been more effective than Gillislee running the ball, and is clearly the better receiver. 

Lewis is a better YAC receiver but, their hands are about the same.

Lewis is a huge benefactor of all the space that our mediocre run blocking creates due to defenses penetrating and overpursuing, ironically enough.  They're two completely different runners so it's tough to compare but, once our run blocking abilities change with Cannon + Hogan + Andrews back in, Gillislee gives you more offensive options overall to play with.  Lewis needs zone blocking whereas Gillislee can run with zone or just standard run blocking.  We just haven't really set Gillislee up for success.

Not saying Lewis is bad.  Just saying Gillislee is getting a lot of heat when in reality he's a good runner whose strengths don't align with our current situation.

I still think Gillislee is a good RB. The problem this group is loaded and he doesn't offer much in the receiving game. He's great depth and would be a real weapon against weak run defenses. It would not surprise me at all if he's active this week. I could very well see the game plan being run heavy with Waddle and Cannon injured; Buffalo is extremely vulnerable to the run since trading Dareus.

That being said, looking forward to this off-season, I could see him being cut to save $2MM towards the cap. In turn, that money could be used for a Burkhead or Lewis extension.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:39 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

I still think Gillislee is a good RB. The problem this group is loaded and he doesn't offer much in the receiving game. He's great depth and would be a real weapon against weak run defenses. It would not surprise me at all if he's active this week. I could very well see the game plan being run heavy with Waddle and Cannon injured; Buffalo is extremely vulnerable to the run since trading Dareus.

That being said, looking forward to this off-season, I could see him being cut to save $2MM towards the cap. In turn, that money could be used for a Burkhead or Lewis extension.

Can probably restructure his contract.  Unsure if we'll be able to afford Burkhead or Lewis extensions so, having Gillislee and White in our backpocket keeps our RB corp strong.

Archived