The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I found this on Reddit so I can’t take credit 

‘ The Smith redemption arch has begun, he’s going to become a fan favorite like Haula was last year’

🤣🤣🤣 BREATHE IT IN

He's easy to like because he's a lunchpail guy and there is always a segment of the fanbase that simply loves the blue collar types. 

I have no interest in Smith on defense. He's horrific. However, if you're going to throw him on the 4th line LW? It's largely whatever. Hell, it may even take away quite a bit of his liabilities. He's not going to score you many  points, but it'll hide the deficiencies a little more and he can still do all the things that people love. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's easy to like because he's a lunchpail guy and there is always a segment of the fanbase that simply loves the blue collar types. 

I have no interest in Smith on defense. He's horrific. However, if you're going to throw him on the 4th line LW? It's largely whatever. Hell, it may even take away quite a bit of his liabilities. He's not going to score you many  points, but it'll hide the deficiencies a little more and he can still do all the things that people love. 

What kind of contract is he likely to get?

I agree. 4th liner who plays hard and is good on the PK, I’m fine with him, I wish they’d call someone up so he can get used to being a forward, but I doubt it .

Also, I hate how f’n vague the nhl is with injuries 

53 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What kind of contract is he likely to get?

I agree. 4th liner who plays hard and is good on the PK, I’m fine with him, I wish they’d call someone up so he can get used to being a forward, but I doubt it .

Also, I hate how f’n vague the nhl is with injuries 

He's 35 in 2 months, so I don't care what he costs personally. I'm done with him and moving on to someone else lol